Toothache
    Newest Member
    Toothache
Jan. 5/6 Winter Weather Obs./Disc.

WilkesboroDude

• Replies 84
  • Created
  • Last Reply

All right, guys (and gals), I think WilkesboroDude has paid his dues.  Let's give him another chance.  No need to run someone off who is obviously very passionate about the weather.  We're all somewhat passionate about the weather or we wouldn't be here in the first place.  So, he started a few threads early:  Not a big deal.  Life goes on after some good-natured ribbing.

It goes well beyond this thread.  I tried the humor approach with my tropical thread. When hints aren't taken you have to get out the 2x4.

He just changed the title to Jan 5/6  :facepalm:

He must officially be in troll mode. 

Not sure if trolling or just stupid. :unsure:

:yikes: A mod just needs to lock it. If you have to change the date after the event is over, then that about says it.

I swear this conversation has happened before.  I'm talking carbon copy.

I swear this conversation has happened before.  I'm talking carbon copy.

You're traveling through another dimension. A dimension of not only sight and sound, but of mind.  A journey through a wondrous land whose boundaries are that of imagination. That's a signpost up ahead.  Your next stop, the twilight zone.

Da, da, da, da, da, da, da, da........ 

You're traveling through another dimension. A dimension of not only sight and sound, but of mind.  A journey through a wondrous land whose boundaries are that of imagination. That's a signpost up ahead.  Your next stop, the twilight zone.

Da, da, da, da, da, da, da, da........ 

Oh good, then it's just me.  ^_^

Alert******  Going to load up my 7 salt trucks heading to Wilkesboro to keep roads passable from the trace of sleet pellets they "may" receive.  Radar doesn't look promising.

Ray Grimes if you see this get your 18 trucks ready and lets head to Wilkesboro.  I did the Kohl's in 2010 if you need me to get it again?

Frosty you want to drive one?

ok,Jason it took awhile but Gased and loaded, Who is paying? Wilkesborodude ?  OH YEAH, Will Jim be up there?

All right, guys (and gals), I think WilkesboroDude has paid his dues.  Let's give him another chance.  No need to run someone off who is obviously very passionate about the weather.  We're all somewhat passionate about the weather or we wouldn't be here in the first place.  So, he started a few threads early:  Not a big deal.  Life goes on after some good-natured ribbing.

Don't look now but the NAM just came in colder and with more precip than the 18z run..... Still only light stuff.....

Yep Winter Weather Advisory is up for these counties.

AVERY-MADISON-YANCEY-MITCHELL-SWAIN-HAYWOOD-BUNCOMBE-GRAHAM-NORTHERN JACKSON-MACON-SOUTHERN JACKSON-TRANSYLVANIA-HENDERSON-CALDWELL MOUNTAINS-BURKE MOUNTAINS-MCDOWELL MOUNTAINS-INCLUDING THE CITIES OF...NEWLAND...SPRUCE PINE...BRYSON CITY...WAYNESVILLE...ASHEVILLE...SYLVA...FRANKLIN...BREVARD...HENDERSONVILLE.
LOCATIONS...MOST OF THE NORTH CAROLINA MOUNTAINS.* HAZARDS...SLIPPERY ROADS...BRIDGES...AND ELEVATED SURFACES FROM  LIGHT FREEZING RAIN...POSSIBLY MIXED WITH SLEET AT TIMES...OR  SNOW AT THE HIGHER ELEVATIONS.* TIMING...LIGHT PRECIPITATION WILL DEVELOP FROM THE SOUTHWEST  DURING THE EVENING HOURS. THE COMBINATION OF COLDER TEMPERATURES  AND THE BEST PRECIPITATION CHANCES WILL LIKELY CREATE SLIPPERY  ROAD CONDITIONS FROM MIDNIGHT THROUGH THE EARLY MORNING HOURS.  PATCHY BLACK ICE COULD LINGER INTO SUNDAY MORNING.* ACCUMULATIONS...ICE ACCUMULATIONS FROM A TRACE TO A FEW  HUNDREDTHS OF AN INCH IN AREAS RECEIVING FREEZING RAIN. SNOW AND  SLEET MAY MIX IN AT THE HIGHER ELEVATIONS...WITH SNOW  ACCUMULATIONS OF ONE HALF TO ONE INCH POSSIBLE ALONG THE  HIGHEST RIDGE TOPS.* IMPACTS...SLIPPERY ROADS WILL LIKELY DEVELOP IN LOCATIONS WHERE  WINTRY PRECIPITATION FALLS.* TEMPERATURES...IN THE LOWER 30S OVERNIGHT...WITH SPOTTY UPPER  20S.

Statement as of 3:03 PM EST on January 05, 2013

... Winter Weather Advisory in effect from 8 PM this evening to
10 am EST Sunday... 

The National Weather Service in Blacksburg has issued a Winter
Weather Advisory for snow... sleet and freezing rain and freezing
drizzle... which is in effect from 8 PM this evening to 10 am EST
Sunday.

* Locations... northern mountains of North Carolina.

* Hazard types... light sleet... snow... freezing rain and freezing
drizzle.

* Accumulations... less than an inch of snow and sleet... trace
amounts of ice.

* Timing... light sleet and snow late this evening through about
300 am Sunday... light freezing rain or freezing drizzle after
300 am.

* Impacts... slick areas on untreated roads and sidewalks and
elevated surfaces.

* Temperatures... low temperatures upper 20s to lower 30s.

Precautionary/preparedness actions... 

A Winter Weather Advisory means that periods of snow... sleet... or
freezing rain will cause travel difficulties. Be prepared for
slippery roads and limited visibilities... and use caution while
driving.

Archived