Toothache
    Newest Member
    Toothache
January Banter

WilkesboroDude

• Replies 3.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I iced over this morning...mist and fog...ice on the windshield. Burned off fairly quick...Jon may be right with hitting 70 here. Mountains are running warmer right now though.

Looks like Wilkes hit the 70 mark, might be 72 before its all said and done. Knew the models were underdoing the warmth. A toasty 73 here with 70 as the high!

I never saw his posts like that anywhere else but in the banter thread. And I thought it was fine here. It was funny if it stayed here. I just think sometimes things are way too serious here.

"And I thought it was fine here"

Just the other day you were complaining about too much banter in the banter thread. I remeber you saying there should be a weather banter thread or something like that.

"And I thought it was fine here"

Just the other day you were complaining about too much banter in the banter thread. I remeber you saying there should be a weather banter thread or something like that.

Yeah, but at least it was funny. I just thought it was werid for him to be banned if all he did was post that stuff in the banter thread.

Yeah, but at least it was funny. I just thought it was werid for him to be banned if all he did was post that stuff in the banter thread.

Oh, I get it...It's ok to post non weather banter in the banter as long as it's funny. I'll have to remember that.

And of course we could get a lot of precip with this system when it's too warm for snow.

Brick, I enjoy your posts, but this one has me scratching my head.  Doesn't rain and warmth in the Southeast go hand in hand, ie the most moisture comes from the South, hence, warm, and then when its cold its because the northern stream is supressing and making it cold.  And thats why its like threading the needle to get both cold and moisture at the same time, and thats the exception rather than the rule, unless you are in the Mountains and get a lot of Northwest flow.  Sorry, I just see this lament a lot, but seems to not make sense for the part of the country we were in.

respectfully, ngtim.

Brick, I enjoy your posts, but this one has me scratching my head.  Doesn't rain and warmth in the Southeast go hand in hand, ie the most moisture comes from the South, hence, warm, and then when its cold its because the northern stream is supressing and making it cold.  And thats why its like threading the needle to get both cold and moisture at the same time, and thats the exception rather than the rule, unless you are in the Mountains and get a lot of Northwest flow.  Sorry, I just see this lament a lot, but seems to not make sense for the part of the country we were in.

respectfully, ngtim.

I guess so, but it doesn't make it any less frustrating when it comes to winter around here and you don't get any snow. I can understand places further south having a harder time with it, but I think NC would be far enough north to get some good snow every winter. But it seems even here things have to go exactly right.

Go buckeye and midlo!! This forum is already at full capacity of useless posts...don't need another troll up in here. Suggestion to all that are bummed about another winter fail: find a hobby that includes warm weather as a premium. Try golf, fishing, biking, jogging or something along that line. That way its a win win situation. I got a bass boat and fish every weekend if possible and early spring doesn't seem near as bad as it used to! Got a set of Taylor made clubs to hit that little white ball on occasions as well. 2 good alternatives to winter weather.

Archived