Toothache
    Newest Member
    Toothache
January Banter

WilkesboroDude

• Replies 3.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I've been wondering why I've been feeling such weather ire so early in the season.  Here I am in shorts and covered in Off again... so I don't have to slap at 'em all day like yesterday...but I'm used to warm spells in winter, so something else had to be going on.  I've seen some sleet and snow this winter, though just a spattering...it was much better than last year, and I'm used to that.  Getting sleet is much harder than getting snow, and though snow is no substitute for sleet, unless it finds a way to be here tomorrow night too, which it rarely does, still...I'm used to that too, lord knows.  No, it was something else...something to do with cold.  But, it's been cold, I saw a 17 last year, and I've seen some mid 20's this year.  No, something cold is missing.  Then it dawned on me.  I haven't been tempted to put plastic over the windows in years.  It doesn't get "cold" anymore, ever.  So I looked it up.  It has been 3 years, 3 weeks,  or so, since I've had a high below freezing,  Jan 8th, 2010.  No wonder I'm getting mean as a snake, and ornery.  I'm amazed I haven't exploded. I've been suffering through 3 years of summer!! Man can't live like that....live without true cold.  It just ain't natural.  T

Yeah, I can see where bitter cold kills the elderly, and  the poor in general, but snow itself? I would think it would be the winds in a snow storm, or the frontal passage after, that would do the most actual damage, beyond the random roof collapse, so the thunder storm vs snow storm/blizzard would equal out. Just guessing.  Be interesting to see the stats.  T

Yeah, I can see where bitter cold kills the elderly, and  the poor in general, but snow itself? I would think it would be the winds in a snow storm, or the frontal passage after, that would do the most actual damage, beyond the random roof collapse, so the thunder storm vs snow storm/blizzard would equal out. Just guessing.  Be interesting to see the stats.  T

All you had to do was ask.

i-KpL7FGK-L.gif

Archived