Newest Member
    joxey
Central PA - late January 2013

MAG5035

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Yeah, sorta sucked. 

The radar is hella impressive right now for rain coverage. 

There was a thunderstorm wind gust measured at 69mph at Chickaree Mountain near the Cambria/Indiana line with the passage of that line of storms, with a M67mph in Westmoreland county (which was an AWOS station, I'm assuming Latrobe's) prior to that. And then the storms entered the land where torches go to die. 

Where is the front right now

The actual front is currently located in western Ohio. There is a bit of a line associated with that right now. Wouldn't be surprised to see some brief gusty storms with the frontal passage when it goes through PA. Then of course the wind will be on the increase anyways behind as the cold air rushes in.

There was a thunderstorm wind gust measured at 69mph at Chickaree Mountain near the Cambria/Indiana line with the passage of that line of storms, with a M67mph in Westmoreland county (which was an AWOS station, I'm assuming Latrobe's) prior to that. And then the storms entered the land where torches go to die. 

Yes Latrobe's at the airport is an AWOS

GFS with a clipper parade this weekend and early next week. Should help to reset the pack at least in the west/Laurels between that and the upslope/LES. Still think there's potential this weekend for a light snowfall off the mountains similar to last Fridays clipper event.. just a tad warmer. 

This system blew the roof of my dad's business yesterday in East Texas. Don't let your guard down.

Geesh thats no good. Speaking of Texas I caught this video on CNN earlier today. Not sure what part of the state exactly, but whereever it is there was some heavy, heavy tumbleweeds.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mCHvx5SFyw8

This front is just east of Pittsburgh coming up on Westmoreland County.

Runs north to about Clarion.

We had 50 mph gust and drastic drop in temperature when it went through about 25 minutes ago.

It will probably wake some on you up later as it moves through.

Just starting to become visible on CCX radar. Winds have already picked up pretty good in the last 15-20 min here out in front of it. 

Archived