joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
12/29 Winter Storm OBS/Disco Part II

earthlight

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Winds are NE, which I would honestly expect to keep us cooler. Just goes to show you how useless this airmass is. My temp actually went up a degree to 36 from 35 when it started. Our one hope I think is that bands develop overhead when the coastal gets going, that overcome this marine layer. Otherwise, we'll have to sit on the sidelines while 10 miles away get 3-6". These are the most frustrating storms you can get here.

Light to moderate snow in Astoria, big flakes. Sticking a little to the grassy areas. Sidewalks/roads are just wet.

Winds are NE, which I would honestly expect to keep us cooler. Just goes to show you how useless this airmass is. My temp actually went up a degree to 36 from 35 when it started. Our one hope I think is that bands develop overhead when the coastal gets going, that overcome this marine layer. Otherwise, we'll have to sit on the sidelines while 10 miles away get 3-6". These are the most frustrating storms you can get here.

Sorry to jump regions... however I can see Montauk from the end of my street on a clear day... that must count for something...

Same boat here in Coastal RI where we are under a Winter Storm Warning no less... Temps and dewpoints have been rising at a pretty rapid rate... up to 35.2 with a dew of 30. Winds have veered a bit from the NE to ENE and even E now. Most local mets are calling for 4 to 6 for the immediate coast here with 8+ just a few miles inland. Things had better turn around soon if this is going to happen...

It's snowing in the hilly part of holmdel off laurel ave (for those who know the area)..ground is whitened..the rain/snow line must be sitting 3 traffic lights down on 35 judging by these obs

Most certainly is because what was all snow is now all rain, and I'm on Lincroft/Holmdel border on Crawfords Corner.

Archived