northernriwx
    Newest Member
    northernriwx
The Interior/NW Suburbs Winter Thread

Guest Patrick

• Replies 999
  • Created
  • Last Reply

serious question.300-400 feet is nothing for elevation.

creek level is 200-400 feet.

I bought a home in the higher terrain on NNJ & only snow pack I notice is 6 miles NW of Butler NJ on rt 23 typically.

yes, my snow is good on 515 north, but no high impact events yet.

Cheers,

Matt

mail box elevation 1415, property max 1440 ft(back left quad)

i live in butler i think this 3.5 inches would qualify as snowpack and this is an open area with plenty of sun.  not saying it wont melt but still plenty left. u cant use open highways (especially developed ones like 23) as a representative of snowpack

taken this morning at 11 am (butler nj)

5xr0nl.jpg

Snowpack starting to take a hit... 5-6" snow cover now..

Probably all gone by early next week :(

Us low landers have had to get our kicks from brushing dandruff off our heads. That was my white Christmas. Be thankful you have it up there in the nosebleed section.

Guest Pamela

Us low landers have had to get our kicks from brushing dandruff off our heads. That was my white Christmas. Be thankful you have it up there in the nosebleed section.

<Is reminded of that Star Trek episode circa 1968...The Cloud Minders>

Where is the freezing rain chance coming from on Friday morning, I don't see any guidance that is indicating the chance

Friday A chance of freezing rain before 1pm, then a chance of rain. Cloudy, with a high near 44. Light and variable wind. Chance of precipitation is 40%. New precipitation amounts between a tenth and quarter of an inch possible.

Today was supposed to be 52... It's only 41 outside right now, never got above 42. What happened?

Reminds me of January and February 2001. Temperatures during forecasted warm-ups in Northwest areas of New Jersey even as far east as Parsippany never achieved forecasted highs. Would have an NWS forecast of mid-upper 40's or even 50 but in certain NW NJ areas upper 30's to low-mid 40's were as high as it would get and this happened for many days in a row. I remember, when I lived in Madison and worked in Parsippany that winter, posting on The Weather Channel Winter 2000-01 boards and Wright-Weather about it and folks closer to NYC and in central/south Jersey would throw a fit about it lol.

Guest Patrick

still three inches of snow here on the mountain....except over the septic field....lol. looks like wintry weather tonight.

Archived