Total Members
    Most Online
    amirah5
    Newest Member
    amirah5
The Interior/NW Suburbs Winter Thread

Guest Patrick

Guest Patrick

If the moderators are ok with this, seems like a reasonable idea to have a separate thread for the far N/W NYC burbs...especially for the current storm.

• Replies 999
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest Patrick

Sorry folks, that makes perfect sense... I was a bit overexcited by the snow absolutely ripping again right now...not one sleet pellet...picked up an inch in just the past half hour.

And Western Passaic, we both have very different weather than the immediate NYC metro area. Maybe the mods can rename this "The Northwest New Jersey Thread" if they approve of it?

Guest Patrick

same here bud...though looking at the pivot, we may get precip beyond the next 3 hours...

I am actually surprised we went back to snow in Highland Lakes

I assume the winds direction may have changed.

At this point, my final measure will come after the storm ends.

Maybe 2 hours or so.

I was worried with the sleet and thought it was a permanent changeover. I was fearing freezing rain to rear it's ugly head. Nope, back to snow. That layer of sleet should make for fun sledding in my yard with the kids tomorrow.

PS I think I hear some sleet again when I took a listen out the window.

Guest Patrick

same...freezing rain would be a disaster up here right now. not sure about your area, but still lots of trees leaning on wires from sandy.

I was worried with the sleet and thought it was a permanent changeover. I was fearing freezing rain to rear it's ugly head. Nope, back to snow. That layer of sleet should make for fun sledding in my yard with the kids tomorrow.

PS I think I hear some sleet again when I took a listen out the window.

same...freezing rain would be a disaster up here right now. not sure about your area, but still lots of trees leaning on wires from sandy.

Many trees hanging precariously throughout the county. We still have to finish clearing trees down on our yard from Sandy.

Thankfully this wasn't a plastering and accumulating on tree branches type of snow. Some trees could still go with these winds, though.

Looks like one last bit of decent precip left for Sussex Cnty. I wonder of the stuff in central Jersey will fill in further west and reach us?

Thankfully this wasn't a plastering and accumulating on tree branches type of snow. Some trees could still go with these winds, though.

Looks like one last bit of decent precip left for Sussex Cnty. I wonder of the stuff in central Jersey will fill in further west and reach us?

Not sure, but it looks over.

Final up on the ridge line 6.1 inches.

I need a pure powder snow storm.

I rate this storm s 4/10 on the snow meter.

Guest Patrick

The Heavy Snow Might Wind Down, But Looks LikE It Might Snizzle All Night.

Not sure, but it looks over.

Final up on the ridge line 6.1 inches.

I need a pure powder snow storm.

I rate this storm s 4/10 on the snow meter.

Patrick,

Thanks for starting a separate thread for our area! Sleet has started ripping again in the last few minutes. Amazing how we have switched back and forth with sleet and snow in our area but haven't had any rain or freezing rain. Leaving for NYC tomorrow about 9:00 AM down route 23 and I hope the drive isn't too bad.

Patrick,

Thanks for starting a separate thread for our area! Sleet has started ripping again in the last few minutes. Amazing how we have switched back and forth with sleet and snow in our area but haven't had any rain or freezing rain. Leaving for NYC tomorrow about 9:00 AM down route 23 and I hope the drive isn't too bad.

This was a great idea! Sorry I missed out on the fun, but I passed out early last night (I have a 15 month old!). We piled on some more ice and it seems to be still just a tick below freezing with more echoes coming in. Nasty, nasty driving out there! Stay safe NWNJers!

Guest Patrick

Definitely Dangerous Out There Today. I Actually Have Twin 20 Month Olds....Going To Put Them In The Sled ThIs Afternoon :) No Idea Why My Phone Caps The First Letter Of Each WOrd...Lol

This was a great idea! Sorry I missed out on the fun, but I passed out early last night (I have a 15 month old!). We piled on some more ice and it seems to be still just a tick below freezing with more echoes coming in. Nasty, nasty driving out there! Stay safe NWNJers!

Archived