Newest Member
    amirah5
The Interior/NW Suburbs Winter Thread

Guest Patrick

• Replies 999
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest Patrick

Looks To Be A Fine Powder. Hoping Our Friends To The SE can Pull In A Little More From The Coastal.

Still looking like a 2-4" event for most of us.. Ratios should be around 12:1 as well..

Looks To Be A Fine Powder. Hoping Our Friends To The SE can Pull In A Little More From The Coastal.

Probably won't happen... If that coastal decides to take a closer approach then mixing could become a possibly for the immediate coast. This is probably their best bet

0z RGEM is already showing it.. In fact that model run gives us a damn good snowstorm..

Guest Patrick

true... and the rgem would mean warning level snow..but seems to have been discounted by the mets

Probably won't happen... If that coastal decides to take a closer approach then mixing could become a possibly for the immediate coast. This is probably their best bet

0z RGEM is already showing it.. In fact that model run gives us a damn good snowstorm..

Just 3.3" of snow for the 2012-13 winter so far across the border at Wilkes Barre / Scranton International Airport (AVP) (elevation 930 feet).

A couple to maybe a few inches of fluff on top of the existing snowpack is going to be nice! It's been a couple of years since we've had snow fall on top of snowpack (that's a bold statement right there...smile.png )

Is that crazy or what lol.. I would say Feb 2010 was our best month for snowfall in the last 20 yrs. Something like 50"+ that month..

I'm trying to decide if I should pull the plug on a wine tour tomorrow- we have a limo booked to hit wineries in Warwick, Washingtonville and Central Valley here in the OC.

1-3 inches probably isn't too bad, but if we get 2-4 or more than its probably a no go for us.

Hopefully there is good consensus by later today.

What do you more informed people think based on the latest?

I'm trying to decide if I should pull the plug on a wine tour tomorrow- we have a limo booked to hit wineries in Warwick, Washingtonville and Central Valley here in the OC.

1-3 inches probably isn't too bad, but if we get 2-4 or more than its probably a no go for us.

Hopefully there is good consensus by later today.

What do you more informed people think based on the latest?

1 more inch won't make a difference - get drunk

Archived