Newest Member
    northernriwx
The Interior/NW Suburbs Winter Thread

Guest Patrick

• Replies 999
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest Patrick

ditto that buddy...moved to the town of Sussex from the snow hole of Clifton. closed on this house the day before Thanksgiving. best decision ever made. beautiful out there right now...prefect dendrites still falling.

Just moved here in late October and a walk around this peaceful and serene setting made me so undeniably happy with the decision... Cheers to the NW crowd...

Guest Patrick

thanks, but i have a pretty well deserved reputation as a weenie here. became fascinated with weather back in the days of aol message boards, where pt and tq would share knowledge in between sarcasm. i know enough to win my share of snowfall forecast contests, but these days i prefer to read model analysis rather than get into wars about it :). something about getting older and having kids puts things into perspective.

its a pleasure to be in this subforum. you folks are as pleasant as my new neighbors in the real world. been a pleasure following this event with you. a quick look at the next week shows plenty of snow showers for we northwestern people....looking forward to the next substantial storm.

Agreed. Props to Patrick and would love to keep it up, even during model runs, etc.

A warm welcome to those who made the recent move to Sussex Cnty! My husband and I moved up here from Pompton Lakes(and Plains) 10 yrs ago. Been in Wantage for 8yrs after a starting point in Hamburg. We love it up here. We do, however, miss our home towns sometimes.

I really enjoyed the storms this week and this thread has been great!

became fascinated with weather back in the days of aol message boards, where pt and tq would share knowledge in between sarcasm.

While my fascination with weather goes way back before that I also started discussing weather on the "Information Super Highway" in the AOL boards. I remember DT calling me a liar during a storm in the late 90's when I was reporting heavy snow, told me it had to be rain...like its hard to tell the difference between rain and snow LOL.

Guest Patrick

lol nice..

actually ended up with a grand total of 5.2" tonight should be frigid.

While my fascination with weather goes way back before that I also started discussing weather on the "Information Super Highway" in the AOL boards. I remember DT calling me a liar during a storm in the late 90's when I was reporting heavy snow, told me it had to be rain...like its hard to tell the difference between rain and snow LOL.

I remember posting during the WWBB days a little after the AOL boards. And of course I used to get into it with DT as well lol.. I think everyone got into it with him at least once..

Pretty impressive gradient from western LI out to around 287. Even here in the NE Bergen/Rockland County snow hole has fared pretty well all things considered. With a little more good fortune we could've been looking at some big time snowfalls this month, but can't really complain about 13" going into the new year.

I remember the big talk a few months ago about a possible "gradient pattern".. I think we might be looking at where the gradient is setting up and it happens to be right along the coast.

Don't get *too* full of yourself...of the 62 counties in N.Y. state...50 of them are snowier than Orange...some by a lot. The only less snowy ones would likely be Nassau, Suffolk, Kings, Queens, Richmond, New York, The Bronx, Westchester, Rockland, Putnam, and Dutchess.

Don't get *too* full of yourself...of the 62 counties in N.Y. state...50 of them are snowier than Orange...some by a lot. The only less snowy ones would likely be Nassau, Suffolk, Kings, Queens, Richmond, New York, The Bronx, Westchester, Rockland, Putnam, and Dutchess.

lol

This is why we think your a clown! No other words are needed for your nonsense. An old man that trolls. Pretty sad dude

I don't know, I thought his post was pretty funny.

And I don't really think we can say where the snowfall gradient is setting up on December 30th when we've only seen 10-15". I have more snow than a lot of people in Boston and eastern Massachusetts right now. Does that mean anything? Probably not..

Archived