• Created
  • Last Reply

here is lakehurst

SAT 06Z 29-DEC   0.0    -1.0    1018	  78	  20    0.00	 557	 543   
SAT 12Z 29-DEC   1.5    -2.1    1013	  78	  99    0.02	 553	 542   
SAT 18Z 29-DEC   4.4    -1.9    1004	  94	  99    0.10	 544	 541   
SUN 00Z 30-DEC   1.4    -3.1    1000	  99	  54    0.32	 536	 536   
SUN 06Z 30-DEC  -1.6    -6.2    1004	  92	  60    0.01	 533	 529

I still think models may be overdoing the warmth closer to the coast, they did on nov 7th and xmas eve..

Down to 32 here in freehold

Mount holly

WE WENT WITH THE COLDEST STAT GUIDANCE WE COULD FIND ON

TEMPERATURES, BECAUSE THE WARM AIR ADVECTION ABOVE THE SURFACE IS

NOT TERRIBLY STRONG; EVAPORATIONAL AND SOME DYNAMIC COOLING CAN BE

EXPECTED, AND IT WILL BE CLOUDY WITH PRECIPITATION WHEN THE SUN IS

ABOUT AT ITS LOWEST ANGLE OF THE YEAR.

The RGEM has been pretty fantastic this year. It's also been pretty consistent with this storm, probably the most consistent. The NAM has been all over the place and the GFS seems in pretty good agreement with the RGEM. I think this storm will probably be an all or nothing for a lot of people, those who stay snow might be in the 3-5" range while those 10 miles away could be looking at a coating if that.

Yea I see a lot of forecast maps showing Philadelphia in the 2-5" range. Not a chance in hell if forecast temps are close to being right. This storm won't be remembered. Too many things could go wrong. From dry slot, to temps, to it developing too far east...bleh.

A lot of uncertainty!

The RGEM has been pretty fantastic this year. It's also been pretty consistent with this storm, probably the most consistent. The NAM has been all over the place and the GFS seems in pretty good agreement with the RGEM. I think this storm will probably be an all or nothing for a lot of people, those who stay snow might be in the 3-5" range while those 10 miles away could be looking at a coating if that.

It's been wrong the past 2 storms for Philly. Both storms it said over 2" of snow

It's been wrong the past 2 storms for Philly. Both storms it said over 2" of snow

That was only one run for the second storm, at least. Most runs had PHL around 0.8". So the RGEM probably doesn't deserve the amount of praise some are giving it, but at the same time it's probably still better than the NAM.

I was referring to the larger storms. It was the only one that got the November storm right, and it performed very well on the Great Lakes storm last week; minus the exagerated QPF bullseyes, but that's a problem for all high-res models. We shall see. I do think the city might be a bit warmer then progged on the RGEM but otherwise the qpf output and rain/snow line looks reasonable to me. Gonna be a close one that's for sure.

Archived