12bet1 net
    Newest Member
    12bet1 net
Storm Chance 12/30/12

RowanBrandon

• Replies 766
  • Created
  • Last Reply

South Jersey weenies....disappointment warning been give...

WERE THIS FORECASTER TO BE THE CONFIDENT

TYPE, HE MIGHT HAVE TRIMMED OFF SOME OF THE SOUTHERN EDGE OF THE

ADVISORY. HOWEVER, HE IS WELL AWARE OF THE PERISHABLE NATURE OF

ANY ONE SNOWFALL FORECAST.

Very true, no need to be bashing our NWS office (One of the best) over some very difficult R/S line forecasts. Our region is one of the most difficult areas in the country to predict these.

Very true, no need to be bashing our NWS office (One of the best) over some very difficult R/S line forecasts. Our region is one of the most difficult areas in the country to predict these.

Concur - just look at the 07 November Nor'Easter - 12" in some parts of Jersey Coast (expecting less than an inch) I see the models and trust forecasters, But will always be wary of that element

of surprise. - Plus it is just plain colder toward the end of Dec then early Nov - just sayin....

http://www.erh.noaa....s/11082012.html

Concur - just look at the 07 November Nor'Easter - 12" in some parts of Jersey Coast (expecting less than an inch) I see the models and trust forecasters, But will always be wary of that element

of surprise. - Plus it is just plain colder toward the end of Dec then early March - just sayin....

http://www.erh.noaa.gov/phi/storms/11082012.html

Not with 50+ SST's. With SST's fifteen degrees cooler with a 5 - 10 mph easterly wind, March would be all snow in this setup. Might not stick too good with high sun angle but it would be snow. Just sayin'.

The 00z upwind soundings are very dry, no problem starting as snow. Staying as snow, well I'd like to buy some elevation Pat instead of a vowel.

Model fcst vs actual soundings, upwind 925mb temps are verifying on average 2C too warm while 850s around 1C too warm. GFS 500 mb looks the best

of the three and the EC or GFS look better at 250mb. Toss the nam out, if it ends up being right for the wrong reason so be it. Good luck everyone.

Gilbertsville 2 - Drexel Hill 0 - Mount Laurel -2..

The 00z upwind soundings are very dry, no problem starting as snow. Staying as snow, well I'd like to buy some elevation Pat instead of a vowel.

Model fcst vs actual soundings, upwind 925mb temps are verifying on average 2C too warm while 850s around 1C too warm. GFS 500 mb looks the best

of the three and the EC or GFS look better at 250mb. Toss the nam out, if it ends up being right for the wrong reason so be it. Good luck everyone.

Great info. thanks.

:weight_lift:

The fact that he said he wanted elevation made me think it was the other way around, that actual 925 mb temps were 2 C warmer than modeled. But hey, I hope your interpretation is right!

Yea, i wasn't sure how he worded that. He said verifying model forecast to sounding saying the model forecasts were 2 degrees warmer? I dunno, guess tony will have to log back on and clarify. But the elevation aspect makes sense.

Archived