Total Members
    Most Online
    Toothache
    Newest Member
    Toothache
12/29 - New Years Storm Threat Discussion

Dsnowx53

00z GEFS and CMC are east.

Trend west and stronger over the next 72 hours, and we have a very solid storm.

This far out, there were still plenty of GLC solutions modeled for the 26-27 storm. This time it's been mostly a track right along the coast, a close to benchmark track, or out to sea. It's definitely not out of the question to see this end up a bit too far west once again but I'm somewhat encouraged by the latest trends. I don't remember many recent cases where a medium range consistently modeled GLC ended up as a moderate-major snowstorm for NYC.

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

no matter the pattern, having the gfs miss the phase and kick systems to the S and E is always a good thing.... this far out. I think the euro will show us something special in a few hours.

I agree. And something doesn't quite match up at h5 with the GFS and the surface. I'm a bit skeptical that such an h5 depiction would lead to the storm getting booted off North Carolina.

Looking forward to the Euro today. Should be fun to watch this one develop. The models seem to be converging on a Miller A, which are in my opinion, more fun to track and end up being the big snowmakers for the northeast. I'm going to be in Boston during this time period so I'm feeling good about this one.

Euro looks good at 108 hours but the energy digging over the Central US is lagging behind the northern stream a bit. Could see a bit more of a strung out solution if it doesn't catch up. But its trying -- and plenty of confluence to the north.

It's good that there's lots of confluence. That's just incase if it starts to weaken in the next 48-72 hours.

Archived