12bet1 net
    Newest Member
    12bet1 net
12/24-25 Light Snow?

hazwoper

• Replies 392
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Just ran the Wxsim module with the 18z GFS and NAM incorporated and although it won't be what happens... it is some eye candy for snow lovers! and of course the 12/26 only puts another 14" of snow down so we end up with 20" of snow o the ground by the dawn on 12/27 - so just your run of the mill 18z fantasy run....

12/24

3pm - mix of Snow/IP temp - 39.1

6pm - Heavy Snow Temp - 32.5 (accum 1.5")

9pm - Heavy Snow Temp - 31.0 (3.7")

12am - Heavy Snow Temp -30.8 (5.5")

3am - Light Snow Temp - 30.9 (6.3")

What year was that weird late Christmas day snow storm? I remember it started out as rain but then transitioned to pretty heavy snow. I was in high school and my family had to leave early fearing they'd get stuck. '02 or '03? That is the last time I remember it snowing on Christmas.

'02...if you were in the Poconos you got pwned with a foot plus.

Keep in mind guys this is a weak system. I'm throwing out model QPF verbatim but I doubt we actually see over 0.50" of liquid anywhere. If we get this snow at all it'll probably be more like a 1-3" event. Would still be cool falling on Christmas though.

The 18z GFS is a stronger system than previous runs with a nice shortwave. The modeling has been trending stronger. So wouldn't neccesarily discount it.

Yeah, QPF this far out is going to be pretty variable run to run. I'll be happy if we can just get the ground covered and have some flakes flying Christmas morning. You can't really ask for much more.

Ditto...I'll take an inch...things lightly covered...cloudy and cold for Xmas morning. These models are going to drive us nuts from run to run....

Archived