12bet1 net
    Newest Member
    12bet1 net
12/24-25 Light Snow?

hazwoper

• Replies 392
  • Created
  • Last Reply

In regards to the following storm, is it better if the first wave digs more or remains weaker?

Well you want it to dig, but not come north in doing so. When it interacts with the northern stream moreso it will increase the chances of it going further north because its pumping the hgts out ahead of it. You want it to travel underneath us, so it then sets up the next storm

KPNE - 0.52", but about 0.26" of that is melting at the surface.

KPHL - 0.49", rain/snow mix

KTTN - 0.47", about 0.17" melting

KABE - 0.36", about 0.11" melting

KRDG - 0.39", about 0.17" melting

KMPO - 0.32", all snow

KMIV - 0.41", mostly rain

basically 2-3" along 95 and N&W, coating S&E. Bullseye would probably be DYL-LNS-RDG-ABE where you might squeeze out 4".

This storm may continue to trend warmer...the gefs were warmer than the operational in terms of thermals.

The only thing keeping me from thinking thats a lock is that there is decent confluence with that low in SE Canada but yeah right now I'd feel best on a Scranton-Poughkeepsie-Hartford line or so, even a good part of the NYC northern suburbs may ultimately end up not doing too well on this event. The advanced timing up into the day is also a negative. I think though that a stronger more amped version of this event is only going to help everyone's chances on the next one.

Wxsim run with 6z GFS and NAM lead to quite the ice storm here in the NW Philly burbs (naturally this will trend to all rain on the next run and then back to all snow for 18z....etc)

For Christmas eve

Light Snow arriving by 2pm temp 38.8

Heavy Snow by 3pm temp 34.4

Mix of IP/ZR by 430p 32.2

Light ZR till ending near midnight temps 31.5

Total precip all frozen (0.23") - will run down the timing on the 26/27th storm under that thread but again all frozen but near 1.23" of precip!!

Archived