joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
12/24-25 Light Snow?

hazwoper

• Replies 392
  • Created
  • Last Reply

gfs is even stronger with the wave and further south...now warning snows possible with .25-.5 qpf

If I may make a quick comment (and forgive me if it shouldn't be here). I am 48 years old and live at NJ Shore. I have NEVER seen it snow on Christmas Eve into Christmas Day. Have always wanted to see that. There was a storm in 1966, but was too young to remember. My parents took pictures, which I still have.

Yeah, even in lower bucks when it changed over we had accumulations, but there was only rain when we all woke up in the morning.

Back then I worked at the local Blockbuster Video and our a$$ of a boss thought it would be just GREAT to do the monthly store inventory that night. So I was at work until about 3AM.

If I may make a quick comment (and forgive me if it shouldn't be here). I am 48 years old and live at NJ Shore. I have NEVER seen it snow on Christmas Eve into Christmas Day. Have always wanted to see that. There was a storm in 1966, but was too young to remember. My parents took pictures, which I still have.

I can remember that storm like it was yesterday. There were several lightning strikes during the storm, which was probably the first time I experienced lightning during a snow storm. We had high winds and visibility at or below a 1/4 mile for many hours. I'm not sure, but I think a deep low pressure area tracked across southern Virginia in more of a west to east fashion, as opposed to right up the coast.

euro then tracks its along or just south of m/d line. Some snow on the front end for the city, that prob goes to rain..but ptw abe ukt pne on northeast get a good thump...qpf over .25

PNE is <1". rest of them get 1"+. Poconos do the best on that. (per wunderground)

Current Wxsim forecast has light snow and sleet arriving around 9pm becoming all snow and moderate for a few hours around midnight with total accumulation around 2" before ending near 3am

For the 26th it has snow arriving toward daybread with the snow getting heavy before turning to heavy rain total snow from that one before the change over 2 to 3" then over 1.50" of rain.

Archived