Newest Member
    amirah5
December 26th - 27th Winter Storm

Powerball

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Christmas to remember. :D

But yeah, pattern looks gradient/Nina like as we head past the 10th or so of the month. Currently thinking, northern and western half of the region could do nicely. Of course, if everything goes as planned. I would just like to see some good snowfall in the Midwest this month, anywhere really, even if I'm on the wrong side of it.

Yeah I'm punching something if that happens.

Though I guess it's a good thing that hardly any models have had a good LAF/OKK hit yet. ;)

I knew that you'd change your tune if we have 'close but no cigar' storm.

I knew that you'd change your tune if we have 'close but no cigar' storm.

Well I'm still happy that somebody in the region got a good one. But ultimately, yes, I want some for MBY too. Close misses may not help though, with frustrations. ;) Ah well, gonna have to wait awhile I guess..

Well I'm still happy that somebody in the region got a good one. But ultimately, yes, I want some for MBY too. Close misses may not help though, with frustrations. ;) Ah well, gonna have to wait awhile I guess..

See what happens. All are pretty much still in the game Dec 26-27. DT called a big winter storm in this timeframe like a month ago (though he has changed his tune from a m.a. snowstorm to an apps runner), and models have had everything from cutting to MSP to suppressed and OTS.

I'm messin' with ya. It would stink to have this storm just miss to the northwest and have next week's just miss to the southeast.

Yes, that would suck. Have to think though that one of these storms hits us at some point. Pattern is delivering lately, just have to nudge it south and east some more...

See what happens. All are pretty much still in the game Dec 26-27. DT called a big winter storm in this timeframe like a month ago (though he has changed his tune from a m.a. snowstorm to an apps runner), and models have had everything from cutting to MSP to suppressed and OTS.

I keep seeing the same thing when I load WXRisk web page: discussion from December 12th. Are you seeing something else?

For what it is worth, the 12z ECMWF and 12z GFS today have nearly the same thing at 500mb at 144 hours. Now, on the other hand, the run-run consistency of the GFS (and to some degree the ECMWF) has been crap recently with this shortwave. I first posted about this shortwave a few days back on the Central/Western forum.... both models have changed considerably since that post. (See Central/Western Winter Medium/Long Range Discussion, post #56)

check this out. This is a fairly good start at thinking of an Ohio Valley snowstorm, considering this setup should lead to the 500mb energy tracking from the south to southern Ohio.

post-1182-0-41630500-1356062411_thumb.pn

post-1182-0-51592400-1356062412_thumb.pn

I believe Rex Block's create a more easterly and progressive flow, leading me to believe that this should probably be more of an App Runner or more easterly when it comes together. Would be shocked if this system follows the exact suit as the one that is currently rolling through the Great Lakes region in going up through Lake Michigan. We'll see though, but either way this looks like another big one

Archived