• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    Gonzalo00
    Newest Member
    Gonzalo00
Dec 16-20 Snow/Mix events - Going over like a fart in church

HoarfrostHubb

Looks like wave 3 comes a little closer to the coast as compared to 12z, but a very wide MSLP closed isobar means a ton of spread. It looks like the mean is near the BM, but it could be on the Cape or further east as shown since the closed isobar around center of low pressure is so large. The mean goes ENE along the 40th parallel or so. It sort of introduces temps aloft that may cause issues for a time from near Kevin to BOS (BOS may have boundary layer issues), but then temps aloft cool. Big hit for Will and CNE.

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

lol at the 6z GFS. Torching coastal to an inverted flake in 1 run.

What a hoot--I kept hitting refresh it was such a shock.

Three things:

1) I'm pretty confident that neither the 00 or 06 GFS will rule the roost.

2) I'm pretty sure that 90% will be seeing mixtures with the exceptions being our friends in VT/NH/ME

3) Having two threads for two events that are so close together and with which the second is initmately tied to what happens in the first makes posting and following very difficult. We should have a single analysis thread for the time period for Sunday-Thursday. Just a recommendation.

Three things:

2) I'm pretty sure that 90% will be seeing mixtures with the exceptions being our friends in VT/NH/ME

3) Having two threads for two events that are so close together and with which the second is initmately tied to what happens in the first makes posting and following very difficult. We should have a single analysis thread for the time period for Sunday-Thursday. Just a recommendation.

I agree. I was toggling between threads trying to figure out where to post last night....lol.

Overall a great Euro ensemble run for the d7 and beyond particularly it seemed.

Three things:

I don't see how difficult it is. They are clearly 2 separate events. But whatevs.

Looks like wave 3 comes a little closer to the coast as compared to 12z, but a very wide MSLP closed isobar means a ton of spread. It looks like the mean is near the BM, but it could be on the Cape or further east as shown since the closed isobar around center of low pressure is so large. The mean goes ENE along the 40th parallel or so. It sort of introduces temps aloft that may cause issues for a time from near Kevin to BOS (BOS may have boundary layer issues), but then temps aloft cool. Big hit for Will and CNE.

I'd honestly be fine with that happening...We lay down all kinds of snow..throw some ice in there and then back to snow

The BOX HWO sums things up beautifuilly in a totally non-committal way.

THE FIRST BATCH OF PRECIPITATION LOOKS TO OCCUR SUNDAY INTO SUNDAY

NIGHT...BUT AMOUNTS LOOK LIGHT. IT PROBABLY WILL BE COLD ENOUGH

FOR MAINLY LIGHT SNOW ACROSS MUCH OF THE INTERIOR AND POSSIBLY

EVEN ACROSS PORTIONS OF THE COASTAL PLAIN FOR A TIME. SOME MINOR

SNOW ACCUMULATIONS ARE POSSIBLE.

A LOW PRESSURE SYSTEM WILL BRING A BETTER CHANCE OF MORE

SIGNIFICANT PRECIPITATION MONDAY AND/OR MONDAY NIGHT.

PRECIPITATION TYPES REMAIN HIGHLY UNCERTAIN AND ARE SUBJECT TO

CHANGE. CURRENT INDICATIONS ARE THAT IT PROBABLY WILL BE WARM

ENOUGH TO SUPPORT MAINLY RAIN ON THE COASTAL PLAIN.

HOWEVER...PORTIONS OF THE INTERIOR MAY BE JUST COLD ENOUGH FOR

SNOW. IF IT DOES END UP COLD ENOUGH...SEVERAL INCHES OF SNOW

ACCUMULATIONS COULD OCCUR. THERE MAY EVEN BE A SMALL SWATH OF

ICE...BUT CONFIDENCE REMAINS LOW.

FINALLY...A STRONG COASTAL STORM MAY AFFECT THE REGION BY NEXT

TUESDAY/WEDNESDAY. IF THIS SYSTEM DEVELOPS AND TRACKS CLOSE ENOUGH

TO OUR REGION...SIGNIFICANT AMOUNTS OF RAIN AND/OR SNOW WOULD BE

POSSIBLE. A PERIOD OF STRONG WINDS WOULD BE POSSIBLE ALONG THE

COAST. THERE ALSO COULD BE SOME MINOR COASTAL FLOODING AND BEACH

EROSION ALONG THE EASTERN MASSACHUSETTS COAST.

one thing i could see is areas in northern and maybe western parts of MA like hubbdave and MPM etc having a prolonged period of fzdz sun night into monday? it's a pretty solid cold tuck with that HP anchored in well north of the region and there's not a great mechanism to scour out the low level cold as the warm front approaches/passes. maybe we all see some lighter snows on sunday...most transition to light rain/drizzle but S NH/N MA go to light ice?

one thing i could see is areas in northern and maybe western parts of MA like hubbdave and MPM etc having a prolonged period of fzdz sun night into monday? it's a pretty solid cold tuck with that HP anchored in well north of the region and there's not a great mechanism to scour out the low level cold as the warm front approaches/passes. maybe we all see some lighter snows on sunday...most transition to light rain/drizzle but S NH/N MA go to light ice?

????

Archived