joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
December 9-11, 2012 (Winter?) Storm

weathergy

• Replies 953
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Yeah, it is at least something to look at. Right now, it's not much, and not even sure what the potential would be. I just want it to get cold. That's all I am asking. (Well, and for snow, too, but I don't want to overdo it.)

Models are modern day crappers after 96hrs right now. They can't place their troughs right at all after that timeframe. The late November model stinker made that point perfectly clear.

That doesn't mean there isn't a potential storm. It's very rare when there are high probabilities with storms.

The problem with starting this though is nobody is for sure there will even be a storm. The 12z Euro doesn't have it and then has a clipper on the 9th into the 10th with a good swath of snow.

If we start enough threads one of these will pan out.

Wrong side of the gradient here on the 18z, though it would be nice to at least get some moisture before the ground freezes.

Lots 'o fun on the 18z GFS.

Yes its fairly exciting. Besides the warm anomalies for the next few days later next week and the following week looks fairly interesting. The timing of the cold air is key but again alot of factors on the table. I'm not going to put much attention on this till perhaps Tuesday cause models will keep flip flopping but atleast the AO has gone negative. I haven really been paying attention to this weather stuff lately but now i will. Back for another season man.

Whats your thoughts?

It's amazing Tropical gets to put posts crap all day and Start threads that mean nothing... just utter garbage maps about a season that is 9-12 months away and that's not a big deal but then someone starts a thread about a storm that is with in 7 days away it's a big deal. GFS has been hinting a storm since Thursday Morning there is going to be something.

It's amazing Tropical gets to put posts crap all day and Start threads that mean nothing... just utter garbage maps about a season that is 9-12 months away and that's not a big deal but then someone starts a thread about a storm that is with in 7 days away it's a big deal. GFS has been hinting a storm since Thursday Morning there is going to be something.

Because it won't affect most in our subforum. If it's going to produce any snow, it will probably be north of I-80 and east of Lake Michigan.

Yes its fairly exciting. Besides the warm anomalies for the next few days later next week and the following week looks fairly interesting. The timing of the cold air is key but again alot of factors on the table. I'm not going to put much attention on this till perhaps Tuesday cause models will keep flip flopping but atleast the AO has gone negative. I haven really been paying attention to this weather stuff lately but now i will. Back for another season man.

Whats your thoughts?

Whether it's hear to last or transient, it looks like we'll be transitioning into a +PNA/-NAO regime next weekend and the following week. This storm might impact us as the transition is occurring though, which means there's a chance it could be warm.

Some of you are missing my point. I could care less that there is a thread for "something". The problem is over the past 2 days there has been 3-4 different sytems being shown for during this timeframe. Nearly two on the 18z GFS alone (a weaker wave from the plains into the midwest on the 8th ahead of a bigger system on the 9th/10th of the month.. Then a clipper on the Euro. So which one exactly is it for? Or is this now a thread for any system no matter the origin for this timeframe?

Some of you are missing my point. I could care less that there is a thread for "something". The problem is over the past 2 days there has been 3-4 different sytems being shown for during this timeframe. Nearly two on the 18z GFS alone (a weaker wave from the plains into the midwest on the 8th ahead of a bigger system on the 9th/10th of the month.. Then a clipper on the Euro. So which one exactly is it for? Or is this now a thread for any system no matter the origin for this timeframe?

Thank you for pointing this out, this is why I always hate when people post a storm thread under 5 days out, unless it is completely obvious that there is a storm coming in a specific time frame, for example the GHD storm or the super outbreak of 2011.

This times a thousand! And Tropical doesnt even have any interest in this weather board other than to troll. He is not interested in any discussion or actually adding anything of value to the board....his sole, 100% purpose is to troll. He will log on, post a cfs torch map and then disappear (especially when the cfs very next run goes cold). He has already been banned several times.

I agree. This thread was made a little prematurely. However, it's here now, so let's make the most of it.

And for the record, the EURO does have this storm and it's not that clipper on D9. That's a later storm. This thread is focused on (I believe) the lp center over S PA at 168 on the EURO. That's what the same piece of energy the GFS blows up at 18z.

That's the problem right there, we have too many post/banned accucrap members thinking that this is how forums run. We don't need threads that don't have a clear focus being made a week+ out.

Then I'm the wrong person to be pointing fingers at. I don't make threads all that often, actually this is probably my first. I've always said there's a haughty clique on this forum, as there are in most forums on the internet, and I see more and more evidence of it the more I spend time on this forum. I see tons of dumb threads being made on this board by people in this clique, but they don't get their balls busted over it. Favoritism it is.

Then I'm the wrong person to be pointing fingers at. I don't make threads all that often, actually this is probably my first. I've always said there's a haughty clique on this forum, as there are in most forums on the internet, and I see more and more evidence of it the more I spend time on this forum. I see tons of dumb threads being made on this board by people in this clique, but they don't get their balls busted over it. Favoritism it is.

This isn't about a clique it is about meteorology. You didn't even specify what the threads focus is upon. I am looking at this purely from a meteorological standpoint nothing more nothing less.

Archived