joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
December 9-11, 2012 (Winter?) Storm

weathergy

• Replies 953
  • Created
  • Last Reply

euro is still on the quicker side...wouldn't be shocked to see it slow down and dig into the southwest a bit more. Either way, it's nice not to see a hyper suppressed gulf coast solution anywhere on the table.

The model consensus this far out is shocking. Every thing I've looked at has a bombed out storm.

I like how the low rapidly deepens Sunday into Monday though the moisture return is questionable north of the OH River. Give me snow or legit tstorms...the worst is getting caught in between.

Yeah, it goes negative tilt as it moves north. Which isn't a good sign if we don't want convective activity to our south disrupting the flow of moisture.

The model consensus this far out is shocking. Every thing I've looked at has a bombed out storm.

I wouldn't say everything is bombed out...there are a few GFS members that have the look and the Euro is right there but general track idea is pretty good. Again, I like to lean towards slower solutions at this range...especially when a pattern is breaking down like we'll see in the pacific.

euro is still on the quicker side...wouldn't be shocked to see it slow down and dig into the southwest a bit more. Either way, it's nice not to see a hyper suppressed gulf coast solution anywhere on the table.

Agree with this. GFS drags a cold front through before the second piece follows, Euro is a day ahead and isn't buying that scenario. I'd argue slower too. Either way though, some sort of storm happens. Just need to keep that theme going for another 20+ runs. :lol:

Agree with this. GFS drags a cold front through before the second piece follows, Euro is a day ahead and isn't buying that scenario. I'd argue slower too. Either way though, some sort of storm happens. Just need to keep that theme going for another 20+ runs. :lol:

I think that's a lock....subforum meltdown watch if this one evaporates into a total non-event.

I think that's a lock....subforum meltdown watch if this one evaporates into a total non-event.

While it would suck if this evaporates to nothing, it would be just as entertaining to watch the thread as it is to listen to Buffone and OBradovich after a Bears loss.

Cheering for someone to get in on something big, but will enjoy the mass hysteria and calls for January to be cancelled before it begins.

When you look at it, actually somg big differences within the last two runs of the Euro. I'd take the 12z run but with everything a bit further south. The main upper level system is over Sioux Falls with the srn wave rotating around the srn plains. The 0z run has the main ULL much further north but the srn wave responsible for the big system on the 0z run is stronger. This is going to be fun to follow.

Archived