Toothache
    Newest Member
    Toothache
Sandy VI disco

CoastalWx

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Shouldn't the winds be stronger than this already? NAM had 64KT 925s @MTP by 12z and 80KT by 18z. It's already after 15z... they should be 70KT @925.. gusting to 60-70mph AT LEAST on the surface.

Instead they are gusting to just 43. Highest I can find is 60mph gusts at the buoy SE of ACK. That buoy is already about as close to the center as we will ever be.

I think we will see a band of rain move up after 1-2pm. This will probably help some. Afterwards, I think we may see these long, but narrow linear bands of heavier showers rotate up through the night. Any of these bands could bring strong winds.

I know you posted this two hours ago....but I was just looking into this. Our real chance of wind will come from that band that is south of the Cape. The one that stretches way out into the Atlantic. Also after that band goes through there will likely be smaller more isolated ones that will be able to mix down the winds from above.

Sun peaked out here in Plymouth, NH...winds picking up a little bit but that means 20mph gusts up to 25!

That would be a typical day here in Oswego.

Cloudy with wind all day long.

Big waves on the lake right now. possible lakeshore flooding later today. Rochester should see some good lakeshore flooding.

+1000

Having observations in a different thread from analysis is just dumb and makes no sense. Analysis and observations go together.

Yes, this makes it highly difficult monitoring for damage reports to send to BOX b/c I have to have two separate threads open and having to switch back and forth to refresh and I get caught up in here and don't want to end up missing something significant, especially later on when things get real bad and the scanners pick up like crazy.

Archived