joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Hurricane Sandy

Wonderdog

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Not sure why so many are that skeptical of snow. Heavy precip, 850's below freezing, surface temps in the 30's. I don't think it's all that far fetched. Maybe not in DC but out here with a little elevation I could see it happening.

Of course, with the way things are going, I guess we're going to have to wait another day to really know what this thing is going to do.

It would be kind of funny though, yet ironic... 5-10 inches of rain, power is out from high winds.. and Mother Nature leaves us a parting gift of snow as she leaves

I wouldn't be shocked but I doubt leesburg is getting 4"

Yes, and it's not the first. I wouldn't put too much stock into it, but the SREFs have an inch verbatim in some parts of NOVA.

No question you still want elevation... anything east of the Apps is going to need some luck to stick past a dusting or so IMO. One question is if we'll have the precip intensity needed for more, or even that. I don't know the answer to that..

Zone forecasts in Anne Arundel, Baltimore, St. Mary's and Harford now state wind gusts up to 70 or 75 mph

I think the 60 around here is kinda conservative tho if any bump north happens maybe not.

No question you still want elevation... anything east of the Apps is going to need some luck to stick past a dusting or so IMO. One question is if we'll have the precip intensity needed for more, or even that. I don't know the answer to that..

Yeah, elevation is gonna be important for sure ... especially East of the higher terrain.

Archived