• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Medium/Long Range Discussion

tombo82685

AT this time, I know the outlook from a majority of the people in the wx community were thinking thanksgiving for a pattern change. However, i think more or less, the models are going away from that, and making it more of a rogue storm threat. If we are to see a shift in the current pattern, I'm thinking its more towards the beginning of DEC timeframe. The good news is the NH and NA snowpack are looking great, due to the current pattern.

Yup.

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Well, both the euro went with th GFS idea of an off shore coastal. Could be a score 1 for the GFS. It's feasible, especially with the " look" out west of the GOA low blasting the PAC jet into the coast. Progressive pattern.

I know I've been Mr. Negativity with this system, but it never had a chance. Too much warm air, terrible H5 pattern. We'll be lucky if we see more than a few rain showers.

Now, the first week of December... ;)

I know I've been Mr. Negativity with this system, but it never had a chance. Too much warm air, terrible H5 pattern. We'll be lucky if we see more than a few rain showers.

Now, the first week of December... wink.png

For the first time in awhile the ensembles are in farily good agreement of a negative NAO developing during the beginning of December.

Btw, really enjoyed your radio show before Sandy, how do you get to call in and participate?

Way out in time here and take with a grain of salt, but this is the gfs hr 384 h5 hgts. This has a very nice look to it. Ridging in greenland starting to pop. The riding by alaska is a little far west, but move that a little east and thats a nice -epo look it. Nice cross polar flow also. Thats how you get come serious cold over on our side.

f384.gif

I think he thinks that he got his mojo back by hugging the euro on Sandy, and it not blowing up in his face. Now he can muck up the internet with every phantom threat that comes down the pike this season...

So, you're saying it's not any different than any other day...

By the way, if you're looking for great disco on the board, head up to the NE winter thread. Some absolutely great conversation going on about the upcoming winter. So,e good, some bad. Check out the last couple pages of it at least. Well worth the time.

By the way, if you're looking for great disco on the board, head up to the NE winter thread. Some absolutely great conversation going on about the upcoming winter. So,e good, some bad. Check out the last couple pages of it at least. Well worth the time.

Are you getting a cut or something everytime someone clicks on that thread?

tongue.png

12z euro is getting ready to dump some serious cold into central and south central canada. Though im not sure how much further south it gets. I just don't see the meridonal flow to bring it right down the pipeline. The nao is still pos, pna is negative, neutral epo. My guess would be a glancing blow for the northern plains into northern great lake and northern new england.

Are you getting a cut or something everytime someone clicks on that thread?

tongue.png

I'd be a great sales person if I went into the NE forum and told them to check out the great disco going on in here! (We have some good disco, just not a lot).

Keeping things on topic, starting to get a robust signal for the -NAO we've been banking (wishing) for showing up the GEFS.

etereraj.jpg

It's a while out, but slowly been showing up more on more on the long range.

Archived