joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Medium/Long Range Discussion

tombo82685

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

After this storm, early winter and prolonged cold is pretty much done till thanksgiving or after. Mtn torque does indicate meridonal flow, but with the mjo trying to break out of COD into phases 4-6 that favors western US cold with a moderating airmass moving eastward. Also, with the emergence of the +nao,+ao, -pna and neutral epo, favors a normal to warm eastern US. Later on towards or after thanksgiving we wil have to watch and see where the mjo decides to go once out of COD, does it go into phase 7 and work its way around which would teleconnect to colder eastern us.

After this storm, early winter and prolonged cold is pretty much done till thanksgiving or after. Mtn torque does indicate meridonal flow, but with the mjo trying to break out of COD into phases 4-6 that favors western US cold with a moderating airmass moving eastward. Also, with the emergence of the +nao,+ao, -pna and neutral epo, favors a normal to warm eastern US. Later on towards or after thanksgiving we wil have to watch and see where the mjo decides to go once out of COD, does it go into phase 7 and work its way around which would teleconnect to colder eastern us.

Almost seems like a repeat of last year except a week later. Will that mean another atrocious winter like last season?

This current pattern is also the complete opposite of what we had this time last year heading into the winter months. Honestly, I think this will be an early start to a cold, stormy, and snowy winter.

philly speaking, when they get an early season snow, the rest of the winter is shot

The way the climate is these days we cannot assume that anymore.

Just stop with these posts. You're like the rainstorm of the Philly forum. You're not going to make it through winter unless you start adding some value.

My point is that we have other things going for us like snowcover which is more important than if we get an early snowfall. We did in 2008 and 2008-2009 winter was ok and in november 1995 and we all know how 1995-96 turned out!

My point is that we have other things going for us like snowcover which is more important than if we get an early snowfall. We did in 2008 and 2008-2009 winter was ok and in november 1995 and we all know how 1995-96 turned out!

I doubt that was your original intent. This was a good post, though.

Just going over some of the longer range guidance, seems like we torch for a bit (golf weather!) and then go seasonable. Not seeing any one dominant pattern till thanksgiving or so. No complaints from me.

Looks "troughy" around Thanksgiving. Something to keep an eye on while we get to enjoy some more outdoor weather...

I'm such a weather nut. I always get this "post-storm depression" symptom. Yesterday felt like a late March early April storm so usually I'd feel even worse since it was the last potential storm. This time it's early Nov & I got a full winter only a month away! I'm happy we get a little break right now because I got stuff I need to do lol.

Here is a question it has been nearly 2 years since KPHL has had a below average month. Despite the warm up coming after that we go right back to average or near it per the models. Given the first 8 days of this month have been below average could we temporary break that cycle this month and end up at best case 1-1.5 degrees below average this month?

Here is a question it has been nearly 2 years since KPHL has had a below average month. Despite the warm up coming after that we go right back to average or near it per the models. Given the first 8 days of this month have been below average could we temporary break that cycle this month and end up at best case 1-1.5 degrees below average this month?

14 months. Not quite nearly two years.

Archived