Toothache
    Newest Member
    Toothache
October Banter and non-weather Discussions

WilkesboroDude

• Replies 205
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Should have known the chance of seeing some snow here from this would go down this morning. I guess there is still time for the models to change, but it seems like the same old song.

It's late October. I can't ever remember seeing snow this early here. That right there should tell you it was pretty unlikely to verify.

Pretty much a boring weather day in the Triangle. Overcast with breezy conditions and very little in the way of rain. The leaves, however, were falling and starting to pile up in the yard. I should have a five to six inch leaf accumulation when this is all over with. lmaosmiley.gif

Earthquake and Hurricane Conspiracy...

Irene > 5.8 Virginia

Great Atlantic Hurricane of 1944 > 5.8 earthquake shook Massena, N.Y. and Cornwall in Ontario

Super Storm Sandy > 7.7 Canada

1938 Hurricane that slammed East Coast blamed for Seismic activity in Alaska in September 1938, 3,000 miles away.

"the eye came ashore at Bayport, Long Island, New York, at 2:30 pm when a barometric pressure was noted at 27.94 inches. When the hurricane and its accompanying tidal surge and surf hit Long Island, the impact registered on seismographs in Alaska"

Just was thinking how historic this storm is really gonna be. Who would've thought we could have a landfalling hurricane, phase with a powerhouse PJ to create a beast. It's like a 384hr gfs solution that's actually gonna happen. Pretty epic!

Archived