Toothache
    Newest Member
    Toothache
October Banter and non-weather Discussions

WilkesboroDude

• Replies 205
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Awesome guidance as we head closer... I will be completeting in a tough mudder on Saturday Morning at 8am in SC. Looks like is will rain all day now with some good winds.

That should make the 11 mile course super AWESOME!!!!

http://toughmudder.c...carolinas-2012/

Good luck on the tough mudder this weekend!

Last weekend I did the bike leg of a relay team at the Beach 2 Battleship triathlon in Wilmington, NC. We placed 3rd in the half tri category. I'm thankful I had good teammates. :-)

Crazy that we could see snow here before the end of October. I wonder when the local news will start metioning the S word.

Climo STRONGLY argues against it, and being several days out I don't think they want to cause a panic. They may mention a few snowflakes possible in the coming couple of days, but i wouldn't look for anyone to go all in anytime soon........lol

But what shall I throw if I only get wind?

Clearly you would have to break the wind.

Now I want to show that DGEX map to people and say "OH MY GOD WE'RE GOING TO GET A FOOT OF SNOW HERE NEXT WEEK" and watch them spaz out. Meanwhile, it's a perfect sunny day heading for 81 degrees.

I know, but you posted that gif with the DGEX map, and then I replied with another one and it was deleted. I have also seen some posts by others deleted. Hard to tell sometimes what is okay and what isn't.

That's probably because my map while poking fun was actually helpful for reading and expanding on the DGEX...where I'm sure your image was just pointless.

OK, I figured this would be a better place to ask the question than the SE thread with the model discussion in it...how similar is this setup (in theory) to the 1991 Hurricane Grace "perfect storm"? Those are some pretty insane model numbers being thrown around even 6+ days out.

Im starting to get worried about damaging wind gusts on the eastern slopes of the Blue Ridge, often times during a powerful Nor'Easter or storm in that proximity to the NNE there can be heightened wind gusts funneling in from the NE. In April of 2005 a storm scooted up the coast and bottomed out causing 75 mph plus wind gusts

Archived