• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
October 2012 General Discussion

Powerball

“We could still see temperatures above 20 (degrees Celsius),” said David Phillips, senior climatologist at Environment Canada.

http://www.therecord...ays-still-ahead

I figured that with the recent temps hovering around 20C, Mr. Phillips statement meant it would continue into October.

Ok, that's a little more measured. Not unusual to have a handful of 20c+ days in October

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Warm and sunny days with cool nights really getting the tree's to pop fast. Next weekend should be peak for a lot of SE WI.

Holy Hill area

15fssgx.jpg

Fall foliage time! My 2nd fav time of the year (next to when it can snow). Nice pic Bowme. We'll have to start a thread soon.

post-257-0-99842900-1349088888_thumb.jpg

Things still mean and green here in Toronto, but at French River Provincial Park (North of Lake Huron), where I took this shot on Saturday, the change is probably >50%.

Fall foliage time! My 2nd fav time of the year (next to when it can snow). Nice pic Bowme. We'll have to start a thread soon.

Things still mean and green here in Toronto, but at French River Provincial Park (North of Lake Huron), where I took this shot on Saturday, the change is probably >50%.

Canuck...have you visited Algonquin?

Warm and sunny days with cool nights really getting the tree's to pop fast. Next weekend should be peak for a lot of SE WI.

Holy Hill area

Next weekend could and should also be the first freeze for most of the people in the region who haven't yet had one (besides those within 5 miles of the lake perhaps). Now predicting 32 for Saturday night.

Hmm thats interesting, In my region its about 25-30%, around there.

So canuck any thoughts for what's in store this month?

i have a few initial ideas at the moment but at this point i'm just watching things unfold.

Lolz at the 12z Euro 138 and 144 hour maps. I kinda wished I hadn't looked at it because it would be so unlikely, even though it's the Euro, but I guess in the realm of possibility. Lake areas would see a cold rain, but some inland areas of the Great Lakes region would see snow overnight Saturday into Sunday morning if the 12z Euro verified.

Lolz at the 12z Euro 138 and 144 hour maps. I kinda wished I hadn't looked at it because it would be so unlikely, even though it's the Euro, but I guess in the realm of possibility. Lake areas would see a cold rain, but some inland areas of the Great Lakes region would see snow overnight Saturday into Sunday morning if the 12z Euro verified.

Lolz at this "warmup" that was expected also.

MKE has highs not even hitting 70 now. 66,67,67 forecasted the next 3 days! :thumbsup:

WOW at this run!

Sorry, have to post this lol..

:wub: :wub: :wub:

post-2499-0-72141700-1349120036_thumb.png

It has upper 30s for a high around here Saturday. Yikes. It still doesn't show a freeze at night because of either clouds or some wind. It was several degrees too warm at night during the freeze a week ago, however, and it will be tough to stay above freezing this weekend with 850 temps of -4 to -6.

Hmm thats interesting, In my region its about 25-30%, around there.

So canuck any thoughts for what's in store this month?

i have a few initial ideas at the moment but at this point i'm just watching things unfold.

I'd say here in the city we may be around ~10%. Still a good 3-4 weeks away from peak conditions.

wrt to October...I've never been skilled at LRF. I tried to get into it more the last 2 years, but last winter's disaster soured me to it. It's too much of a crapshoot. Based on Nino climatology, a notable, but transient, cold shot wouldn't surprise me.

I'd say here in the city we may be around ~10%. Still a good 3-4 weeks away from peak conditions.

wrt to October...I've never been skilled at LRF. I tried to get into it more the last 2 years, but last winter's disaster soured me to it. It's too much of a crapshoot. Based on Nino climatology, a notable, but transient, cold shot wouldn't surprise me.

The Fall colours are really starting to show in Rouge park, in the city's east end.

Now Thursday is the only day that is supposed to reach 70°. Today under performed a bit, high 64° with mostly cloudy skies. Sitting at 50° right now.

Could see peak colors this coming weekend if things play out. Last year peak colors didn't happen until about Halloween!

LOT is talking up the warmth potential for next week. Even mentioning the rare October 90F potenial...

LATER IN THE EXTENDED...BY THE MIDDLE OF NEXT WEEK...THERE ARE SOME

INDICATIONS THAT TEMPERATURES WILL WARM CONSIDERABLY AS AN UPPER

RIDGE ACROSS THE WESTERN CONUS SHIFTS EASTWARD...POTENTIALLY

ALLOWING A VERY WARM AIR MASS TO OVERSPREAD THE AREA. IN FACT WE MAY

NOT BE TOO FAR AWAY FROM RECORD VALUES BY WEDNESDAY OF NEXT WEEK.

TEMPERATURES ARE FORECAST TO WARM UP AROUND 16 DEGREES CELSIUS BY

WEDNESDAY AS WESTERLY FLOW ADVECTS THE VERY WARM AIR MASS ACROSS THE

PLAINS STATES EASTWARD ACROSS THE AREA. IF THIS FORECAST VERIFIES

THIS WOULD RANK WITHIN THE WARMEST 10 PERCENT OF TEMPERATURES AT 850

MB AT KORD FOR THE FIRST HALF OF OCTOBER. AS SUCH...IT APPEARS WE

COULD BE WELL INTO THE 80S BY NEXT WEDNESDAY. THE ONLY

UNCERTAINTY IS THE TIMING OF A COOL FRONT THAT MAY DROP ACROSS

THE AREA BY WEDNESDAY NIGHT. IF THIS FRONT HOLDS OFF LONG ENOUGH ON

THURSDAY WE COULD BE FLIRTING WITH RECORD HIGHS...WHICH ARE AROUND

90 ON THE 3RD OF OCTOBER. IT ALSO APPEARS POSSIBLE THAT THIS WARM

SPELL MAY CONTINUE OUTSIDE THE CURRENT FORECAST PERIOD INTO LATE

NEXT WEEK. HOWEVER...UNCERTAINTY INCREASES LATER NEXT WEEK WITH THE

OVERALL EVOLUTION OF THE LARGE SCALE WEATHER PATTERN ACROSS NORTH

AMERICA.

Boy this was a bad call. :lol:

Reality...

NWS Forecast for: Chicago O'Hare International Airport IL

Issued by: National Weather Service Chicago, IL

Last Update: 11:03 pm CDT Oct 1, 2012

Wednesday: A 50 percent chance of showers. Cloudy, with a high near 68. East northeast wind around 5 mph becoming south in the afternoon.

Thursday: A 30 percent chance of showers after 1pm. Mostly sunny, with a high near 73.

Friday: Mostly sunny, with a high near 57.

All I know is there is some serious cold air starting to develop across Canada, and quickly. What does that mean for our winter? I have a gut feeling the total opposite of what many think. Last winter was prime example :Very cold and snowy=...MEH....This winter Very Warm and Snowless?= :snowman:.....Mother nature sure does love playing games with us! :D

Boy this was a bad call. :lol:

Reality...

NWS Forecast for: Chicago O'Hare International Airport IL

Issued by: National Weather Service Chicago, IL

Last Update: 11:03 pm CDT Oct 1, 2012

Wednesday: A 50 percent chance of showers. Cloudy, with a high near 68. East northeast wind around 5 mph becoming south in the afternoon.

Thursday: A 30 percent chance of showers after 1pm. Mostly sunny, with a high near 73.

Friday: Mostly sunny, with a high near 57.

Brett Anderson now at the NWS?

Jon

Ahh I was posting about the forecast that ChiWX just posted being the Oct 1st....it's correct

I was referring to the Sept 26th discussion for this week... How terribly wrong it was. Brett Anderson is a big AGW alarmist and his forecasts reflect it.

Jon

Archived