Total Members
    Most Online
    Toothache
    Newest Member
    Toothache
2012 Fall Banter Thread

Snow_Miser

HM from a few months ago:

"And on a semi-related note, I don't like to censor or ignore anyone on the forum and when someone responds with that argument, I feel it reflects their intellect. For the sake of the board, newcomers, etc. it is a bad argument to say "just put me on ignore and this is a banter thread."

Do these people know what "banter" means and understand it doesn't give them leeway to post NAM solutions for a tropical cyclone and not get reamed?"

• Replies 581
  • Created
  • Last Reply

TWC has decided to name winter storms this year.

This is going to be a complete sh*t show.

Terrible idea IMO. Besides the fact that it's stupid, winter storms are much more unpredictable and short term than hurricanes. Whereas w/ tropics, it's relatively easy to gauge whether a storm will be a doozy or not from 3+ days in advance (and they have a standard method of intensification) often times it's impossible to predict the magnitude of a winter storm until it's occurring. Maybe naming them after it's over would work (I still don't like - naming should be reserved for tropics only). Plus, it would get too subjective. How much snowfall do you need over what geographic area? Where do wind speeds come in? Do we name storms that impact nobody in the northern plains or just the I-95 corridor?

Archived