e46ds1x
    Newest Member
    e46ds1x
September banter/boredom thread

CoastalWx

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Some areas like Loon get shadowed a lot. Cannon, Wildcat, the balsams all do well

Usually. But I agree the upslope gives the best powder out your way.

It is fake snow though...I'll give ya that. We need a base first before it's fun to ski through. I think it was early Dec 2010 the mountain got like 40" in a big upslope event but there was no base...can you imagine hitting rocks and ground after 40" of snow? Only upslope...if it was synoptic 10:1 snow the place would be 100% open with a 40" storm.

It is fake snow though...I'll give ya that. We need a base first before it's fun to ski through. I think it was early Dec 2010 the mountain got like 40" in a big upslope event but there was no base...can you imagine hitting rocks and ground after 40" of snow? Only upslope...if it was synoptic 10:1 snow the place would be 100% open with a 40" storm.

Yeah 40" of powder right to the rocks. Usually you want a little melting or mix to just pack it down a bit and let the upslope refresh it again. One of these days I'll take the ride to the snow steak with you..lol.

I'm a geoscience major.

You think there's more geoscience jobs in Boston or out west/north lol? Unless you just want to be cleaning up pollution all day.

Ooh, fun!

You're right Pf, they just don't get it.

Basically what I used my geoscience degree for...lol

Mostly not fun, but some cool projects. Bomb squad mmetups at 4AM in Boston ftw

I like how you think you have some ultra wisdom on me because you're a little older lol. Do differing personalities make sense to you or do you need to retake psych 101

I think you are taking this a little too seriously. My cousin is a geoscience major. I know some jobs out there. It's fun joking with you because I can tell you get worked up. Go where the weenie wants to go.

Nice cool shot this week...another day below avg at most sites...over night lows have been helping...

Nyc 2.3

Bdr 2.7

Ewr 3.2

Bos 1.1 (nice back down)

Orh 2.2

Hfd 3.3

My low last night was 48 and with a high of 82...

Joe must be busy. Nice to see someone filling in with the cumulative departures during these last few below normal days. The next couple of days should be nice with warm days and comfy nights.

Archived