EWR757
    Newest Member
    EWR757
September 2012 General Discussion

Brewers

• Replies 986
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Not quite peak, but they are changing... I'll try to get some pics today if i can.

Oktoberfest (drunkfest) is this coming weekend. Come prepared!

I'd say we're still fairly summer like in Madison foliage wise. Lots of green with maybe half the trees just starting to change, and only 10-20% that are in full color. There's a foliage max to the north of La Crosse on the weather channel maps. http://www.weather.c...egiondetail/wi3

Kinda neat how we're one of the only regions experiencing Fall foliage so far in the U.S. Summer foliage is going strong most everywhere else.

Up to 77F here...way overperforming on these temps it would seem... must be the dry air. House is still nice and chilly. Good reason to leave the windows closed.

Looks like you're the warmest location in the state now that La Crosse hit 78F. I'm sorry that even these relatively temperate periods find a way to warm due to the drought. In Milwaukee we're a more comfortable 69 atm.

Looks like you're the warmest location in the state now that La Crosse hit 78F. I'm sorry that even these relatively temperate periods find a way to warm due to the drought. In Milwaukee we're a more comfortable 69 atm.

The drought is going to get worse over the next 2 weeks as this mega ridge pushes in, GFS has no rain at all in the forecast. Not good news with extreme drought conditions pushing into the southern fringe of the state. http://droughtmonito...state.htm?WI,MW The exceptional drought over the Great Plains is only going to get worse too. http://droughtmonitor.unl.edu/ Bad ending for the season but it was never good, unfortunately this will probably lead to widespread famine in third world countries across the globe.

Thankfully the trough centered over eastern Canada is just close enough to keep funneling cooler air in, otherwise it would get hot here too.

I think the medium longer range GFS finally agrees with the Euro that we are going to a -PNA pattern and will torch week 2. normally that would mean some moisture return and rain but it sure doesn't look like much inthat department.

Basically what Turtlehurricane said.

CPC looks like they are on a different planet. But i guess they are the experts...

Intra-hour low of 35°.

Since the airport hasn't been recording as long as some locations - the record low of 40° (2002) was broken this morning.

http://www.wundergro...eq_statename=NA

yeah temps must of crashed for a bit after i went to bed after 4am when it was around 40.... nice lil temp crash.. was there ice along the shorline of Lake Michigan

Few tidbits about the cold mornings this week. DTW's low of 37F yesterday was the coldest September temperature at DTW since Sept 23, 1995 when they hit 34F. Also, 2012 is the first September since 1995 to have two days with low temps in the 30s....1995 had the 22nd (39F) and 23rd (34F)....2012 has the 19th (39F) and 24th (37F). Also.....the low of 39F on the 19th was the earliest low in the 30s for the Fall season since a low of 39F on Sept 8, 1986.

Since there's nothing else to talk about, here's the link to Wisconsin's fall foliage map:

http://www.travelwisconsin.com/fall-color-report

It appears only Eau Claire and Chippewa Counties are at peak color atm. The next couple of weeks will be difficult to find interesting it looks like, besides having comfortable temps.

I saw an article about this in the Kankakee Daily Journal...70 years ago, September 25-26, 1942 snowfall in Illinois and Indiana. Amounts below from NCDC.

La Harpe: 3.1"

Peotone: 3.0"

Dwight: 2.5"

Fairview: 2.5"

Pontiac: 2.5"

Streator: 2.4"

Kankakee: 2.2-2.5"

Galesburg: 2.0"

Minonk: 2.0"

Canton: 1.5"

Galva: 1.5"

Princeton: 1.5"

Kewanee: 1.3"

Macomb: 1.2"

Chillicothe: 1.0"

Joliet: 1.0"

Morris: 1.0"

Peoria: 1.0"

La Salle: 0.5"

Bloomington: 0.4"

Aurora: 0.2"

Moline: 0.1"

Chicago: T

Indiana totals...

La Porte: 4.0"

Wheatfield: 4.0"

Hobart: 3.0"

Howe: 1.6"

Valparaiso: 1.4"

South Bend: 1.2"

Collegeville: 0.5"

Goshen: 0.2"

Fort Wayne: T

I saw an article about this in the Kankakee Daily Journal...70 years ago, September 25-26, 1942 snowfall in Illinois and Indiana. Amounts below from NCDC.

La Harpe: 3.1"

Peotone: 3.0"

Dwight: 2.5"

Fairview: 2.5"

Pontiac: 2.5"

Streator: 2.4"

Kankakee: 2.2-2.5"

Galesburg: 2.0"

Minonk: 2.0"

Canton: 1.5"

Galva: 1.5"

Princeton: 1.5"

Kewanee: 1.3"

Macomb: 1.2"

Chillicothe: 1.0"

Joliet: 1.0"

Morris: 1.0"

Peoria: 1.0"

La Salle: 0.5"

Bloomington: 0.4"

Aurora: 0.2"

Moline: 0.1"

Chicago: T

Indiana totals...

La Porte: 4.0"

Wheatfield: 4.0"

Hobart: 3.0"

Howe: 1.6"

Valparaiso: 1.4"

South Bend: 1.2"

Collegeville: 0.5"

Goshen: 0.2"

Fort Wayne: T

Almost unthinkable that there could be accumulating snow that far south in September.

Archived