Isaac Heavy Rain Event

Hoosier

• Replies 421
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Congrats.

Looks like sleet here. <_<

Dryslot sneaks into SEMI, Central parts of the state pounded with 3'+ :P

In all seriousness though, even though this is still 5-6 days out I have to admit there is a bit of cautious excitement of the prospects of some serious rains for the region and locally.

Loving the big time potential with this thing. If the corridor of extreme rainfall amounts is as narrow as the 6z GFS suggests this will be tough to pin down right up until the day of the event. Still looks like a nice wide swath of 1-2" type rains surrounding the max swath though. Looks to give those outside the main hit area a good rain.

12z GFS would get IND close to normal rainfall for the year. :lol:

At least there's a good chance this thing is going to dump some beneficial rains in the region.

Could become the wettest August ever for IND.

Yes, definitely the bigger picture is the areas that need some rain will get some!

Not that it will make much difference for us but I'm really interested to see how strong this is at landfall. We've become used to seeing decaying N GOM hurricanes but this one may have a better chance to come in steady state or strengthening for at least a couple reasons. 1) current relative lack of organization/time until landfall which decreases the possibility of a poorly timed ERC and 2) favorable upper level pattern being progged with little shear

Not that it will make much difference for us but I'm really interested to see how strong this is at landfall. We've become used to seeing decaying N GOM hurricanes but this one may have a better chance to come in steady state or strengthening for at least a couple reasons. 1) current relative lack of organization/time until landfall which decreases the possibility of a poorly timed ERC and 2) favorable upper level pattern being progged with little shear

Let your tropical weenie out, what's your call for strength upon landfall? And where?

Dryslot sneaks into SEMI, Central parts of the state pounded with 3'+ :P

In all seriousness though, even though this is still 5-6 days out I have to admit there is a bit of cautious excitement of the prospects of some serious rains for the region and locally.

I'm going to have to take a peak at the GFS.... Since it caught the path before the other models.

Sent from my ADR6425LVW 2

Here it comes

at201209_5day.gif

I like how that track looks, the mean track looks to take it right around here, but then again I have yet to even see the GFS place S Wisconsin in a big rain zone, it's always been just to the south, so I'm wondering if this projected path is too far west for what the mean models say.

Archived