12bet1 net
    Newest Member
    12bet1 net
July 26, 2012 Severe Weather Potential

earthlight

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The winds were much more impressive along the gust front than from the actual storm. Had maybe a 30 mph gust but nothing to get worked up about.

Edit: The rain was one of the top heaviest rainfalls I have ever seen though. Occasionally you couldn't see more than 10 feet in front of you.

Gusting to 49 at LGA.

Frankly that's shocking. I've seen seabreezes cause more wind here and I'm only 4 miles east of them. Ag3 is a couples miles west of them and he's recorded weak winds too. Very strange report.

Guest Pamela

In Port Jeff and can attest to William's post as it got dark quite quickly and wind came in quickly followed by now heavy rain. Nothing here too severe. Black night like skies and lightning do make it look awesome.

T-storm in progress here...but not severe at this time.

Frankly that's shocking. I've seen seabreezes cause more wind here and I'm only 4 miles east of them. Ag3 is a couples miles west of them and he's recorded weak winds too. Very strange report.

I didn't think it was stronger then 30 to maybe 35mph in Astoria.

Here in Western Nassau I estimated gusts in the 40-45 mph along the gust front.

Archived