joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
The 2012/13 Ski Season Thread

ski MRG

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Ski resorts would like some natural snow before June. Heading to NH Sunday. Should ski nice I think. Debating on cannon long ride.

dying to ski Cannon...i saw a picture of the Trail Taft Slalom and ever since then I have to go and ski it...weird fixation...but Taft Slalom hasn't been open since the torch...I check the trail map every few days to see if the status has changed...it was still closed a few days ago...however you just reminded me to go check again...i don't think it will ever open if we torch again and then continue with the pattern of not getting any natural snow...

edit to add just checked the trail report and Taft Slalom is still closed... :(

Is this better Di? Wachusett looking/skiing better, despite no real snow lately

now that is a thing of beauty!!! still have two free lift ticket coupons to WaWa...trying to convince my sister to ski with me...but she works full time and has 3 kids (and a husband) i don't think free personal time is in her vocabulary anymore...

Ski resorts would like some natural snow before June. Heading to NH Sunday. Should ski nice I think. Debating on cannon long ride.

Not sure Cannon is worth the ride.   I was heading up there next weekend but postponed.    Wildcat's probably a better option,  jmo.     As for cannon,   there's nothing more frustrating than Avalanche and Paulies Folley being sheer ice and rocks.   

Not sure Cannon is worth the ride.   I was heading up there next weekend but postponed.    Wildcat's probably a better option,  jmo.

Nothing more frustrating than Avalanche and Paulies Folley being sheer ice and rocks.

wildcat can also be cold as all hell (windy as a mutha). i've wanted to try waterville valley

wildcat can also be cold as all hell (windy as a mutha). i've wanted to try waterville valley

If Wildcat's cold and windy,   Cannon surely is.    lol    Waterville isn't too challenging (agree with Dave) and it's a bit closer,  but I've always been let down skiing there so it's usually my last option.

Trying to hit 8 different mountains this winter.  Up to 5 now, we hit Sunapee today.  My first trip there.  Hard to beat the 2 for 1 deal with kids.  Little bit of a bummer as a lift malfunction had the snowbowl quad closed.  Spent the day up on the express lift skiing upper blast off and the trails around it and down to the left, Upper Hansen, Upper Flying Goose and Goosebumps.   Lynx was being used for a race, Upper was as well but everyone was running under the ropes as the public race was over early.

Switched back across later to ski with the youngster, she's now running top to bottom and had no problems with  Upper Ridge and later Bonanza to Chipmunk. 

The views from the top are stellar.  Lift lines were probably longer than normal because of the snowbowl being closed.  I really liked the place.  The trails aren't terribly difficult aside of Goosebumps but I really enjoyed them.  Middle of the road, long trails with bumps scattered throughout to keep you on your toes.  The blues like Ridge....much easier than say American Express or Risky Business at SR, but that's the name of the game.  Outstanding fun for the little ones.  A place I'd definitely go back to again.

The quality of the snow considering it was all manmade was excellent.  There's very little snow anywhere from the Cape to Sunapee.  Whatever it is about the location etc...not nearly as scratchy as SR has been both times (NYE and last weekend).  The snow was definitely slower too. 

One of the more enjoyable times I've had, perfect really for families.  Great place to start the little ones and stretch the legs with the advancing skiers.  We put about 20 miles under the skis today per Navionics Ski which is a killer app.  Not only does it track your speed, times, etc, but it also has the built in trail maps and overlays your course throughout the day right on the map. 

Good stuff.  Next up probably Okemo.  Looking at it today from Sunapee definitely want to check it out.

Trying to hit 8 different mountains this winter.  Up to 5 now, we hit Sunapee today.  My first trip there.  Hard to beat the 2 for 1 deal with kids.  Little bit of a bummer as a lift malfunction had the snowbowl quad closed.  Spent the day up on the express lift skiing upper blast off and the trails around it and down to the left, Upper Hansen, Upper Flying Goose and Goosebumps.   Lynx was being used for a race, Upper was as well but everyone was running under the ropes as the public race was over early.

Switched back across later to ski with the youngster, she's now running top to bottom and had no problems with  Upper Ridge and later Bonanza to Chipmunk. 

The views from the top are stellar.  Lift lines were probably longer than normal because of the snowbowl being closed.  I really liked the place.  The trails aren't terribly difficult aside of Goosebumps but I really enjoyed them.  Middle of the road, long trails with bumps scattered throughout to keep you on your toes.  The blues like Ridge....much easier than say American Express or Risky Business at SR, but that's the name of the game.  Outstanding fun for the little ones.  A place I'd definitely go back to again.

The quality of the snow considering it was all manmade was excellent.  There's very little snow anywhere from the Cape to Sunapee.  Whatever it is about the location etc...not nearly as scratchy as SR has been both times (NYE and last weekend).  The snow was definitely slower too. 

One of the more enjoyable times I've had, perfect really for families.  Great place to start the little ones and stretch the legs with the advancing skiers.  We put about 20 miles under the skis today per Navionics Ski which is a killer app.  Not only does it track your speed, times, etc, but it also has the built in trail maps and overlays your course throughout the day right on the map. 

Good stuff.  Next up probably Okemo.  Looking at it today from Sunapee definitely want to check it out.

Sunapee is always a pleasant surprise. Probably will head up there in February at some point.

Archived