• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    Toothache
    Newest Member
    Toothache
Guess the high temps for Wednesday 6/20 and Thursday 6/21

ag3

Islip always left out. Is that because of our marine skewed weather? I still believe we hit 100 past 2 years, island or not. Also, while we dont have an international airport we do have MacArthur--Southwest flies from there and Jet Blue will be--, and we have 3 million people. Not crying though--we make up for it in winter snowfall totals:)

Islip always left out. Is that because of our marine skewed weather? I still believe we hit 100 past 2 years, island or not. Also, while we dont have an interantional airport we do have MacArthur--South west flies from there and Jet Blue will be--, and we have 3 million people. Not crying though--we make up for it in winter snowfall totals:)

Sorry. Should have added ISP. I'll edit the original post. Everyone else has to also.

Islip always left out. Is that because of our marine skewed weather? I still believe we hit 100 past 2 years, island or not. Also, while we dont have an interantional airport we do have MacArthur--South west flies from there and Jet Blue will be--, and we have 3 million people. Not crying though--we make up for it in winter snowfall totals:)

I think most of LI will hit 90 both days, but the sea breeze will eventually take over given the WNW flow is fairly light in this particular synoptic.

Sorry. Should have added ISP. I'll edit the original post. Everyone else has to also.

Thanks so much. We are home to areas regional NWS office, to their mets, so its fitting, and if that wind stays W, we will roast with the rest of y'all.

Wednesday:

NYC: 91

LGA: 93

JFK: 90

EWR: 94

ISP: 89

Thursday:

NYC: 95

LGA: 98

JFK: 94

EWR: 100

ISP: 92

Good call!

ISP deserves some respect. It's probably one of the funnest place to "guess" with regards to heat due to possible ocean breezes.

Signed,

ex-ISP resident Parsley.

Good call!

ISP deserves some respect. It's probably one of the funnest place to "guess" with regards to heat due to possible ocean breezes.

Signed,

ex-ISP resident Parsley.

Thanks fellow Islander. We really are like a lost little place between NYC tri-state and New England. I know DT in his maps considers us part of New England--yet the accent is NOT--at least till Riverhead.! Lol. We have our own unique climate--the main target of hurricanes--including the greatest recorded majors--north of the mid-Atlantic (actually, I think Long Island has highest hit rate in that category borth of Carolinas, historically). True, our sea breeze is a classic historical part of our island, reducing our worst severe seasonal storms to those that flow north from CT. And yet, we have--for our small 2 counties--almost the same amount of people as whole state of CT. Lol. I don't mind most times bc we just don't compete in extremes except for nor'easters and hurricanes this far north. We gotta be proud of our uniqueness, I guess.

Wed:

NYC: 97

JFK: 93

EWR: 100

LGA: 98

ISP: 92

Thurs:

NYC: 98

JFK: 96

EWR: 102

LGA: 100

ISP: 96

Edited to add ISP and to revise a few others by 1 degree.

I'm starting to agree maybe ISP will be hotter, and we might out-perform overall this time due to unique set up. After all we've done well even in most negative situations his year. Let's see.

Archived