ASH 95/92

ORH 90/89

TAN 92/93

Not bad for 5-6 days out.

101 for BDL..possibly 102

100 for BOS

93 FOR MPM and WCH

You gotta feel for those with no a/c..the smell of funk is in the air

Where are the 100F+ numbers coming from? Are models showing that or is it embellishment of model data?

Where are the 100F+ numbers coming from? Are models showing that or is it embellishment of model data?

Well if you lump on 15-17C onto the progged 850s of ~20C you get 2m max temps into the mid/upper 90s to near 100F where there's W flow. 5-6 days out MOS will still have a little climo factored into it so it's a good sign for high heat. Of course that's all if the 850 temps verify close to what they are now, there's no cloud debris to ruin things, and the BD front stays to the NE.

The source region for NE winds is still chilly relative to the air masses. Hopefully we stay on the dry side of that stalled boundary. Man the NAO just wants to stay negative. The hemispheric shift means bidness. Going to get beaten up on this but if you notice, first recurving typhoon in a very very long time. Something to keep an eye on going forward, bodes well for an Eastern trough. I would love to see lots of these in the fall.

I agree...look for long wave trough to develop just east of the New England coast circa 65 W by end of this month-beginning of July.

It's knowing how to compensate for dowm sloping, mixing , dry adiabatic rate, and climo in these setups, Are you just forecasting off of machine numbers lol?

That was a sarcastic post ;)

Just bustin' on ya after yesterday's discussions...

I could see BDL hitting 100F if the potential is realized... that place always seems to go a few degrees higher than everywhere else. Especially if its a west flow with a dry airmass... they'll downslope and go high and dry.

That was a sarcastic post ;)

Just bustin' on ya after yesterday's discussions...

I could see BDL hitting 100F if the potential is realized... that place always seems to go a few degrees higher than everywhere else. Especially if its a west flow with a dry airmass... they'll downslope and go high and dry.

This is a logan torch too if they avoid seabreeze

This is a logan torch too if they avoid seabreeze

Cool (or not cool?)... I know absolutely nothing about Logan/BOS climo or set-ups so I usually stick to speaking about inland stuff when I can maybe make it up enough to seem like I know a few things ;)

It still amazes me that Logan can get that hot right there on the water... sea breeze or no sea breeze... that big cold dome over the surface of the ocean is right there. Its not like a mile or two away, isn't that ASOS pretty much on the water?

Hopefully warm right through next spring.

Through the 15th Boston average is 61.6 which is -.3.7 below normal. The average temp for all of June is 68 degrees, in order for Boston to reach normal they will need to average 72.5 degrees for the last 15 days of the month , average is 70 for last 15, 3 days will be near or even below normal, (Sat Sun Mon) so lots of making up to do with only a 3-4 day above normal period before the trough returns.

Cool (or not cool?)... I know absolutely nothing about Logan/BOS climo or set-ups so I usually stick to speaking about inland stuff when I can maybe make it up enough to seem like I know a few things ;)

It still amazes me that Logan can get that hot right there on the water... sea breeze or no sea breeze... that big cold dome over the surface of the ocean is right there. Its not like a mile or two away, isn't that ASOS pretty much on the water?

Logan wins the torch of the region award usually on west winds. Te ocean does nothing when there is a west wind. You don't really get cold air by conduction when winds have an offshore component. I always laugh when even local mets have BOS a degree or two cooler with west or southwest winds. It doesn't work like that. Now if winds switch east, that's a different story.

Archived