joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
0Z Guidance Discussion 12/15/2010

Dr No

• Replies 128
  • Created
  • Last Reply

We can but this coming storm's 500 pattern has signficant difference to the one Dr. No posted. I was just responding to him.

yeah i agree with that... im not quite sure why an nws office would mention etc. i guess there is a similarity or two but the differences are overwhelming as a comparative.

looking more like euro may be the model thats right on this time

euro was the first model to start the threat idea by showing a bomb... I think in this case all models have been poor with lack of continuity. How can you choose one permutation of the various scenarios offered by the euro in this case and declare it the winner?

euro was the first model to start the threat idea by showing a bomb... I think in this case all models have been poor with lack of continuity. How can you choose one permutation of the various scenarios offered by the euro in this case and declare it the winner?

i didnt claim any model the winner, but to me it seems all the models are trending to the euro

Yeah but the rest of the models have been playing catch-up to the Euro, at least several runs behind it. Yes the Euro did show it first but then backed off. Then the GFS showed it and is now finally backing off just like the Euro did just a day or so later. This is such a close call you cannot rule it out just yet but I dont look for the solution to be much different than what the Euro is showing now, we are getting into its deadly range. I think if the 12z Euro tomorrow still shows the OTS solution this one is over for those in the Northern MID ATL.

Guest someguy

Yeah but the rest of the models have been playing catch-up to the Euro, at least several runs behind it. Yes the Euro did show it first but then backed off. Then the GFS showed it and is now finally backing off just like the Euro did just a day or so later. This is such a close call you cannot rule it out just yet but I dont look for the solution to be much different than what the Euro is showing now, we are getting into its deadly range. I think if the 12z Euro tomorrow still shows the OTS solution this one is over for those in the Northern MID ATL.

GOOD POST

true but we all know (or at least should know) that the euro is the better model and often times others chase it around and this was the case this time also. However, it was not just one run, for several runs it did show a significant event so this time around it is not a total victory for the euro. If you want to say it caught onto the right idea first then yes, but that is so common I feel like it almost doesn't need to be said. Overall, all models are struggling right now with this synoptic setup. That given, after looking at the h5 on the 0z gfs it still would not take very much adjustment at all to make it a significant event. I doubt it will happen this time, but its not totally over. People react way too much to each model run.

true but we all know (or at least should know) that the euro is the better model and often times others chase it around and this was the case this time also. However, it was not just one run, for several runs it did show a significant event so this time around it is not a total victory for the euro. If you want to say it caught onto the right idea first then yes, but that is so common I feel like it almost doesn't need to be said. Overall, all models are struggling right now with this synoptic setup. That given, after looking at the h5 on the 0z gfs it still would not take very much adjustment at all to make it a significant event. I doubt it will happen this time, but its not totally over. People react way too much to each model run.

I was giving about a 15-20% chance 2-3 days ago when all guidance suggested it. Now I would give it less than 10% for a good hit across the area. They are right, getting close enough where probs are going down with each run and it is becoming less of an overreaction.

We probably need to see a shift west by the GFS again or some sort of significant shift by the Euro or GEM...of course its unlikely the 00Z GEM could not be west of where its 12Z run was...we could potentially see a consensus towards a near miss by all the models...still in that case its not over by any means for LI/E CT/MA or even NYC....it may start becoming a longer shot for DC/BWI/PHL though.

Archived