joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
June observations and discussions...

ag3

• Replies 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

18z NAM continues to drop .75"-1" of rain and ends it in the morning tomorrow.

were you expecting this to change? its a 6 rain hour storm. big woop.

the winds and coastal flooding are a bigger concern. Could be power outages tonight.

This spring the arctic ice extent wasn't far from normal, and above the past several years. Right now it's in the middle of the pack for the past several years.

Sea_Ice_Extent_L.png

You know as well as I do that the current extent does not accurately depict the true state of the cryosphere. The ice is very thin, the MYI has dwindled down to pathetic levels, polynyas popping up all over the place at incredibly early dates, ice breaking up in places that don't even traditionally melt out, etc.

You know as well as I do that the current extent does not accurately depict the true state of the cryosphere. The ice is very thin, the MYI has dwindled down to pathetic levels, polynyas popping up all over the place at incredibly early dates, ice breaking up in places that don't even traditionally melt out, etc.

Yup. In 20 years ifs estimated 25% of the arctic will be ice free year round.

Got sunny skies from that storm...i guess my severe thoughts are similar to ur boxing day thoughts ...

It's not like there are 10 confirmed TOR's down there, so far from reading the thread its wall clouds a couple of scuds and some wind.

We aren't a part of the country that see's a lot of severe weather, that big body of water just to your east probably has something to do with it.

It's not like there are 10 confirmed TOR's down there, so far from reading the thread its wall clouds a couple of scuds and some wind.

We aren't a part of the country that see's a lot of severe weather, that big body of water just to your east probably has something to do with it.

Interestingly enough, the Atlantic, which tends to inhibit our severe weather chances makes up for it for the coastal storms we see from October though April and all those big time snowstorms in the winter, so I'll gladly take that over a few strong thunderstorms.

We even get the occasional tropical threat in the summer and fall, so that's a plus.

we've just had bad luck recently. years like 98, 2000, and 2006 will return

Thanks....i remember 06 back to back bow echos...incredible night...worse storms i have seen...granted i kno what happen in nyc...but our area has been having bad luck...

New 'nader watch...gets up into SNJ.

not sure why there isn't a hww for coastal locations. This happened in other storms where only the thunderstorms were supposed to produce damaging winds which was going to be handled by individual thunderstorm warnings, and the entire saw damaging winds in and out of the storms.

its going to be nutty tonight when the full squall line comes through. with the large amounts of rain some areas of seen recently combined with larger than normal leaves because of the warm spring and summer, lots of tree damage and uprooted trees come morning.

Archived