joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
June observations and discussions...

ag3

• Replies 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Yeah I think with that much cloud cover we'll either see 60s for highs and 50s lows of 70s/60s. It would be hard to get down into the 50s with overcast skies and highs in the 70s

Models have been busting too high with temps in the Midwest into the lakes as the chilly air is moving in. Joe B calling for 50s for NYC tue/wed and 40's for Boston.

I have a really important question. Will the Mets game tonight in Flushing NY be rained out? It's a 7:10 pm start and I don't feel like driving out there on a Friday night to get soaked in a postponed game. Thanks for your insight.

I have a really important question. Will the Mets game tonight in Flushing NY be rained out? It's a 7:10 pm start and I don't feel like driving out there on a Friday night to get soaked in a postponed game. Thanks for your insight.

Rain will not arrive until 10:00 P.M., they will play.

I believe 2012 was the summer many had predicted to be ice-free in the Arctic, from back in the early 2000s. Reality -- ice extent is only slightly below normal, and above the past several years.

The ice cap looks like crap. Are you kidding dude?

Lol

Then why is it at near normal levels for the Arctic and normal for the Antarctic? Is that also because of "global warming"?

"What" is near normal? The ice is near normal? Do some research before you post nonsense.

You should also research why the Arctic and Antarctic are different. It's not that hard. We have the Internet now. No trip to the library required.

"What" is near normal? The ice is near normal? Do some research before you post nonsense.

You should also research why the Arctic and Antarctic are different. It's not that hard. We have the Internet now. No trip to the library required.

I went to the library the other day and asked how much it was to take out a DVD. They looked at me like I had three heads. I completely forgot they were free, lol.

Ensembles from the free site...-NAO block reloads after this on the pay maps through day 15:

00zECMWFENS6-10day500mbHeightAnomalyNA.gif

it reloads, but it resembles the patterns from major heat waves i posted in the may thread

f348.gif

the trapped vortex is helping to pull up a ridge beneath it

this current pattern is giving us cool wx because the block is huge and retrogresses into s canada.

not a noreaster per the New England thread...lol

LOL, one person with no credentials who knows less about weather than metfan thinks its not a noreaster.

you getting any of these gusts in Fairfield? windows shaking here. Sound is bad too, probably lots of flooding going on western part of the sound near stamford

it reloads, but it resembles the patterns from major heat waves i posted in the may thread

the trapped vortex is helping to pull up a ridge beneath it

this current pattern is giving us cool wx because the block is huge and retrogresses into s canada.

The euro ensembles from 0z retrogressed the block south after day 10 again. Days 7-10, it moves north and weakens, which would probably allow normal to above normal temps but after this period, it definitely builds the block again and pushes it south.

For heat to work under a strong -NAO, that is definitely not the type of block that does it. I know what you are saying about heat with the -NAO and how it can happen, but not with the way the 0z euro ensembles showed it.

Waiting for 12z data to come out shortly to see if 0z was overdone. The 12z operational definitely went towards the 0z ensembles though, with regards to the block holding on a little longer.

i'm talking about beyond day 10

So am I. I have access to euro ensembles to day 15. After day 10, 0z run re-strengthened the block and pushed it further south again.

Waiting on 12z to see if there is any continuity.

LOL, one person with no credentials who knows less about weather than metfan thinks its not a noreaster.

you getting any of these gusts in Fairfield? windows shaking here. Sound is bad too, probably lots of flooding going on western part of the sound near stamford

yup....strong SE gusts.

Archived