northernriwx
    Newest Member
    northernriwx
SNE BANTER BANTER BANTER BANTER

Mr Torchey

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Dude,Duck Dynasty is off the hook funny, think of Pete every time I watch it.

oh yeah, swamp people is pretty legit to. Im afraid my storage wars is going "to cool" this summer and they will ruin the simplicity.

Arctic hurricane the other night on Deadliest Catch was impressive, last winter was brutal up there.

Cloudy, nice easterly breeze. Spring on the coast in sne........take the good with the bad, this is good.

Looks like the weather is going to deteriorate for the Talkeetna crew over the next few days. Tough slogging equipment up to 14k in low vis.

MOUNT MCKINLEY RECREATIONAL FORECAST

NATIONAL WEATHER SERVICE FAIRBANKS AK

520 AM AKDT THU MAY 24 2012

THE FORECAST FOR THE LOWER ELEVATIONS OF DENALI PARK IS

COVERED BY THE DENALI ZONE FORECAST FOUND ONLINE AT

HTTP://PAFG.ARH.NOAA.GOV/ZONEFCST.PHP?ZONE=AKZ225

(ALL LOWER CASE EXCEPT AKZ225)

FLYING WEATHER FOR DENALI IS AT

HTTP://AAWU.ARH.NOAA.GOV/DENALI.PHP (ALL LOWER CASE)

ALTITUDE FORECAST...

WIND SPEEDS ABOVE 14 THOUSAND FEET ARE FREE AIR.

TEMPERATURES ARE FAHRENHEIT.

SYNOPSIS...HIGH PRESSURE EAST OF THE MOUNTAIN WILL WEAKEN A LITTLE

THROUGH FRIDAY AND THEN STRENGTHEN. A WEAK WEATHER FRONT WILL

APPROACH THE MOUNTAIN FROM THE SOUTH ON FRIDAY.

...7 THOUSAND FEET TO 14 THOUSAND FEET...

...WIND SPEEDS LESS THAN 20 MPH ARE NOT INCLUDED...

.THURSDAY...MOSTLY CLOUDY.

HIGH AT 14 THOUSAND FEET...5 ABOVE.

.THURSDAY NIGHT...MOSTLY CLOUDY.

LOW AT 14 THOUSAND FEET...ZERO TO 5 BELOW.

.FRIDAY...CLOUDY.

HIGH AT 14 THOUSAND FEET...5 ABOVE.

...ABOVE 14 THOUSAND FEET...

.THURSDAY...CLOUDY. SNOW...LESS THAN 6 INCHES OF ACCUMULATION.

HIGH AT 17 THOUSAND FEET...5 BELOW.

WINDS FROM 17 THOUSAND FEET TO THE SUMMIT...SOUTH 25 MPH.

.THURSDAY NIGHT...MOSTLY CLOUDY.

LOW AT 17 THOUSAND FEET...10 BELOW.

WINDS FROM 17 THOUSAND FEET TO THE SUMMIT...SOUTHWEST 30 MPH.

.FRIDAY...SNOW. ACCUMULATION 6 INCHES.

HIGH AT 17 THOUSAND FEET...5 BELOW.

WINDS FROM 17 THOUSAND FEET TO THE SUMMIT...SOUTH 20 MPH.

.OUTLOOK SATURDAY THROUGH MONDAY...

MOSTLY CLOUDY. SUMMIT WINDS SOUTHEAST 15 MPH INCREASING TO 35 MPH

MONDAY.

Looks like the weather is going to deteriorate for the Talkeetna crew over the next few days. Tough slogging equipment up to 14k in low vis.

Does Denali see the sort of madness that's being reported from Everest?

http://www.outsideonline.com/outdoor-adventure/climbing/mountaineering/everest-2012/Five-Confirmed-Dead-in-Two-Days-on-Everest-and-Lhotse.html?page=all

The pics from Everest look like a tourist trap.

Does Denali see the sort of madness that's being reported from Everest?

http://www.outsideon...e.html?page=all

The pics from Everest look like a tourist trap.

There are a lot of people pushing for the summit for the next 2-3months because of the light and temps but nothing like that.

Laurel ridge?

We looked at a few places. A couple up your way. Peppermint.... and than one other in chester. We are going to go to jiminy peak for a day to do some of the activities they have.

Is that the one down in Otis? That's about an hour south of here. Don't forget Berkshire East's cool zip line park. Let me know if you want any suggestions for hikes, etc. You'll enjoy the weekend I'm sure. Are you in tents? Just mind the food, the bears are definitely out and about. I saw a big bruin on Sunday.

64/61, a high of 70. What an awesome day, mostly cloudy with a few light rain showers this afternoon. Very comfortable. Nice evening for league golf.

is there any weather in this thread...? Banter thread should not have titles related to weather, at all...

Read a little more closely. Are you practicing for a grumpy old man contest? Being a curmudgeon is no way to score with chicks.

The drought monitor web site at unl.edu is a mockery of current hydrologic conditions. Says we are still in a drought. Basing drought on yearly precip, really? How about current groundwater, reservoir, river levels. Ask the farmers how wet the fields are too.

Pretty funny. Maybe they'll change it after these next few days......

Heading out to the Berks tomorrow to do some camping. Looking for some nice weather.

Enjoy, Bob. Hope you have weather to enjoy some good hiking, etc. I see Pete's mentioned the zip-lining at the Beast. Lots of fun. If you're doing that, you should register on-line as the slots can fill up.

On the phone front, I got an iphone several months ago. The biggest advantage for me has been being able to get my work e-mail on it. Makes traveling during the work week so much easier. I'd hate not knowing what issues might be up and then returning from a day on the road to 75 new messages. Also, if Im' taking the afternoon off like I am today, it's nice to be able to just take the phone out while I mow the lawn. Catch a peek periodically to be sure there's nothing needing addressing.

Archived