• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    northernriwx
    Newest Member
    northernriwx
SNE BANTER BANTER BANTER BANTER

Mr Torchey

Yes indeed. Thought about that one, too. Kinda a gas pig, but not too bad. Seats 7, which we need sometimes (6 is fine)

GM should be able to figure out a way to get high mileage, high power engines...

Some company will crack the 40mpg full sized SUV nut someday

I miss 4WD as well. My old 4-runner has that. I went off the road in the Feb 2006 snow storm...I mean slid like 50 yards off the road...and then got right back on like no big deal. I'm screwed now.....now I'll be on the 6pm news if I did that.

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Yes indeed. Thought about that one, too. Kinda a gas pig, but not too bad. Seats 7, which we need sometimes (6 is fine)

GM should be able to figure out a way to get high mileage, high power engines...

Yeah the new one has that all important 3rd row for mom and dads with more than two kids, in my case its out, and there is actually some decent space back there without the 3rd row.

Thanks man. My wife's car is next...maybe go the SUV route then, but I need something that's nice, reliable, and good on gas for me so that did it.

Don't laugh at the brand, but the new Kia Sorento is really nice. 7 passengers and 32mpg (and they don't look too bad either)

I love my 2011 Hyundai Sonata...leased it. (same company)

My mom had a Jeep Cherokee which chewed gas like a monster. I think it was rated like 24/19 but doubt it got that much in the city. She just bought a Subaru and it's rated at like 34/28, about what I'm getting in my Mazda 2 but this is a much bigger car with 4-wheel drive. I'm glad I didn't get the Mazda3 Skyactiv engine as the car would have been more expensive, and with living in NYC in my future, I won't be driving much.

As for laptops, haven't had a Dell since my first laptop which was a Dell Inspiron. I'm currently using an HP Pavilion bought around Christmas 2009. It tends to overheat a bit but I like the large screen, and I just purchased a larger battery which allows it to last for a few hours.

Yeah the new one has that all important 3rd row for mom and dads with more than two kids, in my case its out, and there is actually some decent space back there without the 3rd row.

If they could squeeze a 3rd row into the Terrain I would get one tomorrow. Would not be used much, but we love that feature in the minivan.

Other small SUV's (KIA Sorrento, RAV4, etc) can do it...

Also considering a MAZDA Cx5 which can get 35 mph highway, but it might be a little small.

Peepers are going crazy out there tonight

Don't laugh at the brand, but the new Kia Sorento is really nice. 7 passengers and 32mpg (and they don't look too bad either)

I love my 2011 Hyundai Sonata...leased it. (same company)

Considering that as well (and it is assembled in the USA)

Nice vehicle

This is the CX5 - I have had good luck with the brand (have owned 4)

01-2013-mazda-cx-5-live628.jpg

yuuuuuuuuuuuup. In my line of work I would break a smart phone a month.

I might switch to an iPhone next year as I'm getting a sizable increase in salary, but having Internet on-the-go doesn't mean that much to me. It was a total non-starter in rural NH where 3G barely works at all, much less 4G. I often lose calls on campus here, so what's the point of a smartphone? I'm still using an iPod that I purchased as a high school graduation present to myself back in 2006, works fine but I may be looking to replace it with an iPhone next year. That could eliminate both my LG phone and the old iPod, which is a monster in size compared to the new ones.

The drought monitor web site at unl.edu is a mockery of current hydrologic conditions. Says we are still in a drought. Basing drought on yearly precip, really? How about current groundwater, reservoir, river levels. Ask the farmers how wet the fields are too.

My wife's friend had an estimated $25K damage from flooding last night in Gardner. Torrential rain for about an hour overwhelmed the drains at her condo complex.

Oops

I might switch to an iPhone next year as I'm getting a sizable increase in salary, but having Internet on-the-go doesn't mean that much to me. It was a total non-starter in rural NH where 3G barely works at all, much less 4G. I often lose calls on campus here, so what's the point of a smartphone? I'm still using an iPod that I purchased as a high school graduation present to myself back in 2006, works fine but I may be looking to replace it with an iPhone next year. That could eliminate both my LG phone and the old iPod, which is a monster in size compared to the new ones.

I agree, I dont post when working, I enjoy coming home at lunch or after work and reading, laughing and busting balls, its fun. Something to look forward to.

Considering that as well (and it is assembled in the USA)

Nice vehicle

This is the CX5 - I have had good luck with the brand (have owned 4)

I have nothing but faith in Mazdas...my first car was a 1991 manual Protege, finally died at like 175,000 miles. I did a bunch of repairs on it when we got it out of our garage, and it was the perfect car for driving to our summer house in the Poconos and back and forth from Middlebury. The gas mileage was amazing on that vehicle, easily returned 35mpg going 60-65mph on the highway. I drove from NYC to just outside Quebec City on one tank of gas, and I was speeding the whole way, sometimes going over 100mph. I was working as a delivery driver at the time so really appreciated the fuel efficiency. I then got a 2000 automatic Protege, which is still running at 210,000 miles in the hands of a friend. Great car, didn't do well in the snow with an auto transmission but a lot of fun to drive, great sightlines/vantage points, etc. I'm now driving a Mazda 2 that I just bought, gets over 30mpg on the highway, has the electronic stability control for winter driving, and is comfortable in all seats.

I posted last night, didn't that happen last year near there in May?

I don't remember a May storm specifically. She got some water damage from Irene, then they re-did some drainage which seems to have fooked it up and screwed her last night

She had been planning on selling the place (retiring next month) and moving, but now that will be on hold.

Noreaster, I looked at the Hyundai too. It is a nice car...the brand certainly stepped up their game in the last 5 years.

I love my car...commuted 3 days/week back and forth to Stonehill and got low 30s mpg (going an average of 70mph) - was spending about $35/week on gas then.

Now I fill up every ~2.5 weeks. Love it. Shorter commute into Boston this fall too will save me some gas too.

Great car, great features (power seats, bluetooth, alloys, wheel-radio controls, XM radio, and it looks sleek!) Best part...I get all of that for $190/month. (3 year lease)

My parents leases are up soon and I'm trying to get my dad to switch from the unreliable MB E350 to a Hyundai Genesis. Even the new Azera is nice. My mom wants the new Jeep Grand Cherokee...cheap leases out there now too.

I could talk cars all night.

Good to be home. Spent extraordinary amounts of cash so far though unfortunately. $1200 on car repairs. Brand new laptop. Hit the RMV to get my 21+ license. Went to a Chinatown club last night and got hammered in the wallet for $6 a beer. Insane as you get older, the more you realize how fast money disappears.

Other than that, nice to put the feet up. Took a week off from working out to let my high ankle sprain from a month ago really heal up, and some pinched nerve in my lower back we causing parts of my back to go numb. One year of football really put some miles on me already.

Weather has been beautiful and so much more interesting then down south. Seabreeze and cooler weather here in Southie really is a fantastic touch that I missed. Looking forward to mid 80's this weekend.

Ahahahahahahaha!! You spend all your money on yourself!!! Just wait until the wifey and little Jays come along. You'll yearn for these inexpensive days. AHAHAHHAHA! Thanks man, you made me laugh.

Archived