e46ds1x
    Newest Member
    e46ds1x
2012 March Banter Thread

CooL

• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

lol, the euro always shows crazy solutions like that, never verify. Look for it to back away from the storm and the cold, and replace it with an east coast ridge.

How many euro fantasy storms verified this winter? ZERO

Meanwhile its snowing in the mountains of southern California to as low as 2000 feet

Marine air socked in over NJ shore and NYC eastward, temps falling off rapidly within 20 miles of the ocean. Interior NJ near 70 and mid 40s down in Seaside - pretty decent thermal gradient. This type of set-up looks to hold most of the week w/ a southerly flow -- cool eastern NJ and NYC east, warm NJ from Newark SW.

Marine air socked in over NJ shore and NYC eastward, temps falling off rapidly within 20 miles of the ocean. Interior NJ near 70 and mid 40s down in Seaside - pretty decent thermal gradient. This type of set-up looks to hold most of the week w/ a southerly flow -- cool eastern NJ and NYC east, warm NJ from Newark SW.

Im down to 44.6 degrees

Interesting gradient... according to the NAM it should also repeat itself tomorrow evening with mid 60s near central NJ and mid 40s in Long Island. Places close to NYC near the north/west suburbs should also end up warm this week, but most likely would not be as warm as the western half of NJ and interior New England, and would cool down faster as well compared to western areas.

post-1753-0-12697500-1332028163.png

I fear a cold and wet April

I agree this way above normal stuff is not going to last forever and just when we really want it to be warm everyday - normal to below normal temps will rule in fact still not impossible to get another snow event in the next month.....

UPDATE : 18Z GFS is starting to catch on to the Euro at hour 204

http://raleighwx.americanwx.com/models/gfs/18zgfs850mbTSLPNA204.html

From NWS, Upton, NY:

SPECIAL WEATHER STATEMENT NATIONAL WEATHER SERVICE NEW YORK NY 726 PM EDT SAT MAR 17 2012 CTZ005>012-NJZ002-004-006-103>108-NYZ067>075-078>081-176>179- 181000- NORTHERN FAIRFIELD-NORTHERN NEW HAVEN-NORTHERN MIDDLESEX- NORTHERN NEW LONDON-SOUTHERN FAIRFIELD-SOUTHERN NEW HAVEN- SOUTHERN MIDDLESEX-SOUTHERN NEW LONDON-WESTERN PASSAIC- EASTERN PASSAIC-HUDSON-WESTERN BERGEN-EASTERN BERGEN- WESTERN ESSEX-EASTERN ESSEX-WESTERN UNION-EASTERN UNION-ORANGE- PUTNAM-ROCKLAND-NORTHERN WESTCHESTER-SOUTHERN WESTCHESTER- NEW YORK (MANHATTAN)-BRONX-RICHMOND (STATEN ISLAND)- KINGS (BROOKLYN)-NORTHWESTERN SUFFOLK-NORTHEASTERN SUFFOLK- SOUTHWESTERN SUFFOLK-SOUTHEASTERN SUFFOLK-NORTHERN QUEENS- NORTHERN NASSAU-SOUTHERN QUEENS-SOUTHERN NASSAU- 726 PM EDT SAT MAR 17 2012 WITH A WARM...RELATIVELY MOIST AIRMASS FLOWING OVER THE COLDER OCEAN WATERS...FOG WILL FORM THIS EVENING...AND MAY BECOME DENSE LATE TONIGHT. SEVERELY REDUCED VISIBILITY...ALONG WITH SUDDEN CHANGES IN VISIBILITY...ARE POSSIBLE TONIGHT. IF DRIVING...SLOW DOWN...USE YOUR LOW BEAM HEADLIGHTS...AND LEAVE PLENTY OF DISTANCE AHEAD OF YOU IN CASE A SUDDEN STOP IS NEEDED. $$ MPS

snowstorm for april

That would be very bad due to the very early start to the growing season. The progress is going to go into overtime this week with all the 70s, major leafing out. A snowstorm could be as devastating as one in October and would serious disrupt the early growing season as well.

Incredible day. 70 as a high here without even a hint of a cirrus cloud. Got the deck furniture out and spent the afternoon soaking up some rays. :sizzle:

Got some test results last week and doc said I was deficient in vitamin D. He gave me a supplement but I checked and it says that geting some sun helps with that. So it was a great day outside and helped my health as well. :sun:

I just killed the 3rd mosquito this evening in my room and still chasing after another one... It's not as bad as it would be in the summer, but it somehow gave me a bad flashback of the ladybug invasion a couple of years ago (I think around October 2009, if anyone still remembers it).

hard to believe it was 8 degrees on this date in 1967 in NYC and -6 on Long Island...snow was on the ground with another storm brewing...they don't make Springs like they used to...

Hopefully we can get a similar situation going about a decade from now, when we're well within the cold phases of both the Pacific and Atlantic. Until the Atlantic cools, we're going to be dealing with a 1950s type regime (IMO).

Can anyone who has access (Ag, whoever) post what the Euro is showing for rain totals in the BWI area for this weekend (and approximate start times)? I'd post this over in the other subforum, but its easier here where i wont get attacked. :whistle:

Archived