amirah5
    Newest Member
    amirah5
March 2nd-4th Winter Storm

Powerball

• Replies 592
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Just talked to wife who is travelling home and currently west of McHenry. Several roads are closed in the Woodstock, Bull Valley, McHenry area due to vehicle spinouts and non-negotiable hills for cars. She reports very little plowing and snow high enough to scrape underside of car.

We are stopping in Port Washington for some grub. Snow has been lesser in intensity since passing downtown but things are well caked.

Just talked to wife who is travelling home and currently west of McHenry. Several roads are closed in the Woodstock, Bull Valley, McHenry area due to vehicle spinouts and non-negotiable hills for cars. She reports very little plowing and snow high enough to scrape underside of car.

We are stopping in Port Washington for some grub. Snow has been lesser in intensity since passing downtown but things are well caked.

:lmao:

Flurries here. System failure.

About 2 inches of slop.

Several reports of Thundersnow and Very Heavy Snow around The Traverse City area.

Leelanau County and Benzie County has been getting destroyed!

The surface low is now 987 mb and centered near klan. Current movement and model guidance still on track for the low to move up to Saginaw Bay overnight and then out over Lake Huron by 12z. The low is deepening quickly with the pressure falls of 8-9 mb every 3 hours. Using the fall center as a guide for the next couple of hours, this track will hold. This track will also put the middle level warm nose into counties adjacent to Saginaw Bay. So the advisory will be good there as that are has seen mainly rain and will continue with that, until the cold air wraps around later tonight. So far with the snow, we have been starting to receive moderate to heavy snow observations from spotters, and some 2 to 3 hour snow fall reports between 1 to 3 inches. Also, multiple reports of thunder near mbl, cad and fks as the convective elements along the leading edge of the dry slot begin to make their way into the SW portion of the forecast area. There will be some brief heavy burst of snow with these elements. Will be updating the grids shortly to take this into account.

Storm has finally moved in here....seems to be a snow/snowpellet/sleet mix, Very wet snow accumulation, but it is sticking on all roads. Not even a half inch here yet though. Im worried we can kiss those insane totals goodbye. Obviously though, fresh snow atop a deep snowpack is my heaven regardless, it will be GORGEOUS here tomorrow....but it is no different up here than back at home wrt the NAM and its insane totals. LOL to 2 feet that it had progged the other day...no way that happens.

I'm heading up to whereever the jackpot is tomorrow morning. The snowmobile trailer is hooked up and I'm ready to roll at 6am! I'm thinking just NW of Cadillac.

to bad the lack of reports my guess 5 to 8" has fallen across Benzie and southern Leelanau cty. By judging the radar

I'm heading up to whereever the jackpot is tomorrow morning. The snowmobile trailer is hooked up and I'm ready to roll at 6am! I'm thinking just NW of Cadillac.

Looking like the jackpot will probably be in areas that had much less snowpack than, say Gaylord/Grayling. Traverse City area looks like theyre getting pounded, but they only had a few inches on the ground beforehand.

Looking like the jackpot will probably be in areas that had much less snowpack than, say Gaylord/Grayling. Traverse City area looks like theyre getting pounded, but they only had a few inches on the ground beforehand.

You thinking 10" amounts up there now? - since the storm is bookin' it. Near 35dbz returns!

Finally some reports

3 HR TOTAL THRU 8 PM.

0814 PM SNOW 2 W GREILICKVILLE 44.80N 85.69W

03/02/2012 M4.0 INCH LEELANAU MI TRAINED SPOTTER

3 HR TOTAL THRU 8 PM. SPOTTER REPORTED THUNDER AND

LIGHTNING WHEN IN TRAVERSE CITY.

0814 PM SNOW 6 SW INDIAN RIVER 45.35N 84.70W

03/02/2012 E3.5 INCH CHEBOYGAN MI PUBLIC

4 HR TOTAL THRU 8 PM.

0814 PM SNOW 3 NW ONEKAMA 44.40N 86.25W

03/02/2012 E4.0 INCH MANISTEE MI PUBLIC

3 HR TOTAL THRU 7 PM. THUNDER SNOW ALSO REPORTED.

Archived