• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    EWR757
    Newest Member
    EWR757
March 2nd-4th Winter Storm

Powerball

Storm has finally moved in here....seems to be a snow/snowpellet/sleet mix, Very wet snow accumulation, but it is sticking on all roads. Not even a half inch here yet though. Im worried we can kiss those insane totals goodbye. Obviously though, fresh snow atop a deep snowpack is my heaven regardless, it will be GORGEOUS here tomorrow....but it is no different up here than back at home wrt the NAM and its insane totals. LOL to 2 feet that it had progged the other day...no way that happens.

Where are you?

• Replies 592
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Higher elevations and some lake enhancement always seems to give that area a boost. TSSN in the TC according to FB friends.

I heard several reports of TSSN on twitter

Its a matter of time when see are first 10" amount and I guarantee theres some areas approaching a foot in Leelanau county

0945 PM HEAVY SNOW 3 NW ONEKAMA 44.40N 86.25W 03/02/2012 E9.0 INCH MANISTEE MI PUBLIC

Grayling reports freak??? Whats up ! lol

The snow is heavy cement here. The trees are plastered, it is as beautiful as you can get. We probably only have 2.5", the snow is so heavy and low ratio, think its 32-33F. But for scenery, it doesnt get any better. Of course it helped that we started with such a deep snowpack. So for an up-north snow trip, this scenery is going to be primo. But no way will I be seeing epic snow totals.

Saw two awesome rounds of thundersnow. Bright and loud, air thick with snow, just like Feb 20, 2011. I rate this as the third coolest thundersnow Ive experienced. Once again tho, tried video and no luck, just got the remnant thunder. I actually think I have quite the list of thundersnow events building up lol!

Best thundersnow experienced:

Feb 20, 2011

Mar 4, 2008

Mar 2, 2012

Feb 22, 2003

Feb 1, 2011

Dec 19, 2008

The snow is heavy cement here. The trees are plastered, it is as beautiful as you can get. We probably only have 2.5", the snow is so heavy and low ratio, think its 32-33F. But for scenery, it doesnt get any better. Of course it helped that we started with such a deep snowpack. So for an up-north snow trip, this scenery is going to be primo. But no way will I be seeing epic snow totals.

Saw two awesome rounds of thundersnow. Bright and loud, air thick with snow, just like Feb 20, 2011. I rate this as the third coolest thundersnow Ive experienced. Once again tho, tried video and no luck, just got the remnant thunder. I actually think I have quite the list of thundersnow events building up lol!

Best thundersnow experienced:

Feb 20, 2011

Mar 4, 2008

Mar 2, 2012

Feb 22, 2003

Feb 1, 2011

Dec 19, 2008

Congrats! Enjoy! Can't wait for you pictures as you take AWESOME pics!!

I heard several reports of TSSN on twitter

Its a matter of time when see are first 10" amount and I guarantee theres some areas approaching a foot in Leelanau county

I am so bummed I could not take a trip this weekend. Oh well such is life. Winds are really starting to pick up IMBY in the past 30 minutes!

Went out to measure at 8:15 - 5" on the grill that sits in the shade.. 4.25" avg on the grass.. 3.5" on driveway. I need a snow board but there is really no good place for it when windy.. 2 decent wet snows in a row is something rare for here.

just ripping up there in northern lower. gonna need lots of extra clothes, a long track, shovel, chainsaw, and pain pills for after the romp for sledding up there right now. good thing its probably a zoo up there and sleds should pack it down good becuase grooming wont be happening and will be useless.

First warning of the winter.. only two times has mke gone a winter without issuing one. I think they said 1975 and 1983 were the two.

Totally bites that the best snow is falling in Leland and Benzie.... Not many trails there and VERY far from my house. Plus they had NO base before this happened.

BUT the base was already good here in Grayling. And this is the cakey cement snow that is probably a snowmobilers dream. So even though we will be nowhere near jackpot snowmobiling will be awesome tomorrow.

Totally bites that the best snow is falling in Leland and Benzie.... Not many trails there and VERY far from my house. Plus they had NO base before this happened.

Beautiful part of the state...pain in the butt to get there. I did 2 month project in Maple City in 2008 and I did not see any trails at the time there was 3-4 feet on the ground.

BUT the base was already good here in Grayling. And this is the cakey cement snow that is probably a snowmobilers dream. So even though we will be nowhere near jackpot snowmobiling will be awesome tomorrow.

You going to be there all day tomorrow? We should meetup... I'll PM you my phone number again... I lost all my numbers about a year ago.

if they get anything like northern wi got with 12-16"+ of wet wind driven snow it will be far from awesome unless you're an experienced diehard until they get the trails groomed and that wont be happening much tomorrow. Only saving grace is there will be much more sled traffic then there was in wi so trails should be busted open some. I'f def hit the road though and go for one last hurrah even if not a lot of miles are put on.

Archived