• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    mowsee447
    Newest Member
    mowsee447
March 2nd-4th Winter Storm

Powerball

RPM or whatever Skilling just showed on air, draws the band east. Sets up the Heaviest snow axis from Boone County to Milwaukee. 6-8" for Lake, McHenry, Boone, Walworth, Kenosha, Racine, Waukesha, Milwaukee, and northward.

• Replies 592
  • Created
  • Last Reply

RPM or whatever Skilling just showed on air, draws the band east. Sets up the Heaviest snow axis from Boone County to Milwaukee. 6-8" for Lake, McHenry, Boone, Walworth, Kenosha, Racine, Waukesha, Milwaukee, and northward.

Did you happen to see what it showed for West Michigan...like my backyard? lol

I was expecting more rain. It looks like we may very quickly go straight to snow once the band arrives.

almost no rain with the first push. you can see the western edge of the dry slot starting to fill in in Western Illinois, this is the begining of round two, this will probably start as rain but go quickly to snow further out west.

drive safe kevlon! Not sure I would want to make that white knuckle drive.. I'd prob delay it until all the knuckle heads are off the road and arrive there in the very early am.

AREA FORECAST DISCUSSION

NATIONAL WEATHER SERVICE GREEN BAY WI

1154 AM CST FRI MAR 2 2012

UPDATE

HAVE INCREASED SNOW TOTALS THIS MORNING FOR GREEN BAY

AND THE FOX CITIES EAST TO THE LAKE. CURRENTLY HAVE 5 TO 8 INCHES

FOR GREEN BAY AND THE FOX CITIES AND 6 TO 10 INCHES FOR THE LAKESHORE

REGION. SOME MINOR ADJUSTMENTS IN TOTALS ARE STILL POSSIBLE WITH

THE AFTERNOON PACKAGE...ESPECIALLY ALONG THE HIGHWAY 41 CORRIDOR.

ALSO...MAY NEED TO CONTEMPLATE ON EXPANDING WARNINGS INTO SOUTHERN

OCONTO AND SOUTHERN MARINETTE COUNTIES WITH AFTERNOON PACKAGE. THIS

AREA WILL END UP WITH HIGH END ADVISORY OR LOW END WARNING SNOW TOTALS.

DID INCLUDE THE POTENTIAL FOR NEAR WHITE OUT CONDITIONS AT TIMES FROM

GREEN BAY AND THE FOX CITIES EAST TO THE LAKE THIS EVENING. INCREASING

NORTHERLY WINDS ARE EXPECTED TO GUST TO 30 TO 40 MPH AT TIMES AS THE

LOW MOVES TO THE EAST.

CONDITIONS WILL DETERIORATE RAPIDLY THIS AFTERNOON ACROSS NORTHEAST

WISCONSIN WITH THE EVENING COMMUTE EXPECTED TO BE EXTREMELY HAZARDOUS

DUE TO POOR VISIBILITIES DUE TO HEAVY SNOW. DESPITE ROAD TEMPERATURES

ABOVE FREEZING THIS AFTERNOON...SNOWFALL RATES WILL ALLOW FOR ROADS

TO BECOME VERY SLIPPERY IN A SHORT PERIOD OF TIME DESPITE ROAD TEMPERATURES

ABOVE FREEZING.

ALSO...EXTREME CAUTION SHOULD BE USED SHOVELING THE SNOW. THE SNOW

WILL BE A VERY WET CEMENT LIKE SNOW. SHOVELING THE WET HEAVY SNOW

COULD LEAD TO AN INCREASED RISK OF A HEART ATTACK.

Did you happen to see what it showed for West Michigan...like my backyard? lol

He didn't pan the map far enough east. I'll see if I can catch Muskegon in 15 minutes. The snow band was orientated in you general direction...

almost no rain with the first push. you can see the western edge of the dry slot starting to fill in in Western Illinois, this is the begining of round two, this will probably start as rain but go quickly to snow further out west.

euro looks like chicago north stays out of dry slot and will rip for a decent clip. never gonna get a nap in unless i throw the pc out the door. meh - its a quick hitter and sleep is for when you're dead.

euro looks like chicago north stays out of dry slot and will rip for a decent clip.

HRRR trends are looking better as well, going to be close like the last time you and geos were nailed. I'd be cool with a period of +SN even if it doesn't really accumulate much.

Either way, it's a pretty nice event to follow and if the snow gets boring, i can go watch some twisters.

euro looks like chicago north stays out of dry slot and will rip for a decent clip. never gonna get a nap in unless i throw the pc out the door. meh - its a quick hitter and sleep is for when you're dead.

:lmao:

HRRR trends are looking better as well, going to be close like the last time you and geos were nailed. I'd be cool with a period of +SN even if it doesn't really accumulate much.

Either way, it's a pretty nice event to follow and if the snow gets boring, i can go watch some twisters.

There ya go! Tornado Warnings in downstate IL. Going to be an interesting day!

He didn't pan the map far enough east. I'll see if I can catch Muskegon in 15 minutes. The snow band was orientated in you general direction...

Thanks! The Euro and NAM look great for us. It's just the stinking GFS that's kind of blah for this area. Guess what model the GRR NWS is hugging?????

This.

Precip exploding in western IL

Thanks! The Euro and NAM look great for us. It's just the stinking GFS that's kind of blah for this area. Guess what model the GRR NWS is hugging?????

Looks like 6" or so. Rockford's futurecast shows 6" at least just south of you. The data isn't shown for Muskegon on that model, but I would imagine at least 7" on that model if it went that far north.

Agreed, watching the defo band evolve this evening will be sweet as the SLP rapidly deepens.

If i was u i would drive up to Gaylord spend the night at some ratty motel. Your 1.5hrs away and your young. Theres your chance toi expierence a 15"+ event

Rain with snow mixing in. Winds strong out of the NE - didn't get a chance to check temp but i'm thinking we're right around 36F or so

Most mesonet sites in eastern WI are 36°-38°. Dewpoints little too high yet. 33-34°.

Archived