amirah5
    Newest Member
    amirah5
March 2nd-4th Winter Storm

Powerball

• Replies 592
  • Created
  • Last Reply

if they get anything like northern wi got with 12-16"+ of wet wind driven snow it will be far from awesome unless you're an experienced diehard until they get the trails groomed and that wont be happening much tomorrow. Only saving grace is there will be much more sled traffic then there was in wi so trails should be busted open some.

I have a deep paddle track... I prefer offtrail anyhow. When I went to Harrison,MI last weekend it was almost untouched, didnt take long to beat it down.

Wow just went outside. We have honest to god picked up 3" in probably 75 minutes since I was out last.

Have 5.7" per my measurment just now on top of my car, and that seems pretty accurate based on the fact that 7-8" are in the parking lot that had a previous base of 2"

WOW. Impressive considering dull the radar looks in Crawford CTY. You might end up with 10" and I just said 5-7 based on your reports and the radar...I was just a little off

Beautiful part of the state...pain in the butt to get there. I did 2 month project in Maple City in 2008 and I did not see any trails at the time there was 3-4 feet on the ground.

http://www.midnr.com/Publications/pdfs/ForestsLandWater/SnowmobileTrailMaps/benzie_leelanau_snowmobile.pdf

Theres just a parking lot in Leelanau... I have an uncle to stay with there, but like I said... No trails.

I have a deep paddle track... I prefer offtrail anyhow. When I went to Harrison,MI last weekend it was almost untouched, didnt take long to beat it down.

See my above post...accum REALLY picked up. We are nearing 6" now. Though dryslot is a bit close. Dont think you can go wrong with Grayling, but Gaylord probably be the best. They had 18-24" reported snow depth BEFORE the storm, and they look to do a bit better with the storm as well. hell maybe Ill drive up there tomorrow too!

deep paddle and off trail ftw. still gonna be a b**ch and you will be soaked in no time. But that's 7/8th of the fun having that powder well in this case wetter snow coming over the hood, pines and tree's dumping one you and getting stuck. should be a nice hero base below at least

See my above post...accum REALLY picked up. We are nearing 6" now. Though dryslot is a bit close. Dont think you can go wrong with Grayling, but Gaylord probably be the best. They had 18-24" reported snow depth BEFORE the storm, and they look to do a bit better with the storm as well. hell maybe Ill drive up there tomorrow too!

Looks like radar trends are good for you. It looks like the dry slot will not move any further north. 10"+ is looking pretty good for you IMO.

WOW. Impressive considering dull the radar looks in Crawford CTY. You might end up with 10" and I just said 5-7 based on your reports and the radar...I was just a little off

Check the yellows that just recently passed. THAT was what slammed us with the 3" in 75 mins. Snow intensity has wound down, but I too think Ill see 10" total now, based on intensity slowing down but steady snow continuing all night. Pivoting now, dryslot looks imminent for Houghton Lake but THINK i might be safe.

Looks like radar trends are good for you. It looks like the dry slot will not move any further north. 10"+ is looking pretty good for you IMO.

Looks like the storm has stalled out a bit. So yes I agree Josh should be dry slot free for a while

1017 PM HEAVY SNOW 10 S GRAYLING 44.51N 84.71W

03/02/2012 M6.5 INCH CRAWFORD MI TRAINED SPOTTER

shame the two biggest storms of the winter so far dumped where almost nobody in this sub forum lives. guess we were due for that. at least we got josh out taking pics and i'm sure jonger will have some epic stuck pics if he heads for the snow.

I will say we were due for a lackluster winter but i was sure we'd get atleast one winter storm. Have a cottage up in bellaire MI. Family friend is up there and they have 30 inches of snow depth right now. will have close to 35 by the time this storm is done. They are due up there with the last 2 winters and the first part of this one being well below normal.

shame the two biggest storms of the winter so far dumped where almost nobody in this sub forum lives. guess we were due for that. at least we got josh out taking pics and i'm sure jonger will have some epic stuck pics if he heads for the snow.

We need to recruit some people up north in WI and MI!

chi town was riding high for 4 yrs running and then an epic blizzard as the cherry on top. I warned the weenie brigade last year that whined about lack of snow in 50 inch winters that they would pay. Things always even out,

btw..little mention here of the LOT bust on this thread. Called for 3-5 IMBY when aleking and most others could see trends were against. Can you say model worship?

Archived