12bet1 net
    Newest Member
    12bet1 net
March 2nd-4th Winter Storm

Powerball

• Replies 592
  • Created
  • Last Reply

shame the two biggest storms of the winter so far dumped where almost nobody in this sub forum lives. guess we were due for that. at least we got josh out taking pics and i'm sure jonger will have some epic stuck pics if he heads for the snow.

:) Though I didnt see snowfall quite as heavy as I did back at home Feb 10th, everything else about tonight is definitely the most winter bliss Ive been in all winter! Best storm Ive experienced since Feb 20, 2011, and most scenic cake snow Ive experienced since Mar 5, 2011. Of course, add the plentiful conifers of the north, and the 16-inch base pre-storm...and clearly tomorrow will be the most scenic/picturesque day Ive experienced in who knows when!

I will say we were due for a lackluster winter but i was sure we'd get atleast one winter storm. Have a cottage up in bellaire MI. Family friend is up there and they have 30 inches of snow depth right now. will have close to 35 by the time this storm is done. They are due up there with the last 2 winters and the first part of this one being well below normal.

Im going to use my snow saber as a walking stick tomorrow lol, I can measure and walk at the same time. The snow is very deep and very dense here, enough to lose your breath after not very long (without snowshoes). But its fun. And YES they are due. Gaylords depth will be over 30" tomorrow. Peak depth at Gaylord last winter? 14". ( For comparison, Detroit peaked at 16").

Traverse City 11pm report :wub:

Snow. Blowing snow. Windy. Snow may be heavy at times. Total nighttime snow accumulation of 14 to 15 inches. Lows in the upper 20s. Northwest winds 15 to 30 mph. Gusts up to 35 mph increasing to 45 mph after midnight.

chi town was riding high for 4 yrs running and then an epic blizzard as the cherry on top. I warned the weenie brigade last year that whined about lack of snow in 50 inch winters that they would pay. Things always even out,

btw..little mention here of the LOT bust on this thread. Called for 3-5 IMBY when aleking and most others could see trends were against. Can you say model worship?

LOT tries so hard to hang on to the last min to hand out headlines and it seems they get burned so many times when they go out of their comfort zone and start handing out advisories and warnings in marginal situations. Tough forecast down in these parts and with it hitting around rush hr i can't give them much shat.

Guess I'll go let the dog romp around and see if the last 2hrs of light stuff added to the ealier measurements

chi town was riding high for 4 yrs running and then an epic blizzard as the cherry on top. I warned the weenie brigade last year that whined about lack of snow in 50 inch winters that they would pay. Things always even out,

btw..little mention here of the LOT bust on this thread. Called for 3-5 IMBY when aleking and most others could see trends were against. Can you say model worship?

Yeah, a bit. They probably wanted to hold there ground once they did issue the advisories and warnings. Should have paid attention to the higher resolution models. The RUC showed the main snow in WI. Forecast was for 5" minimum here and I got half that. So quite a bust! Last week's storm was forecasted very well. Milwaukee did hold back some till the last minute on the counties north of 94.

Made it to Crivitz and shacked up at the Best Western on the trail. About six rigs with trailers parked in the lot. Piles are big from older snow along with what looks to be about 4 inches from tonight.

Can hear them whining outside tonight, but we're fine dining on microwaved pizza bagles, easy mac and lasagna.

We'll see what tomorrow brings. Cousin's new gopro should document things well for us.

Went out to measure at 8:15 - 5" on the grill that sits in the shade.. 4.25" avg on the grass.. 3.5" on driveway. I need a snow board but there is really no good place for it when windy.. 2 decent wet snows in a row is something rare for here.

just ripping up there in northern lower. gonna need lots of extra clothes, a long track, shovel, chainsaw, and pain pills for after the romp for sledding up there right now. good thing its probably a zoo up there and sleds should pack it down good becuase grooming wont be happening and will be useless.

First warning of the winter.. only two times has mke gone a winter without issuing one. I think they said 1975 and 1983 were the two.

Looks like 5" officially at MKE.. Totals across the board right around the 4-8" predicted.. A solid job by them..

0939 PM SNOW 1 N MILWAUKEE INTERNATI 42.96N 87.90W

03/02/2012 M5.0 INCH MILWAUKEE WI TRAINED SPOTTER

Looks like 5" officially at MKE.. Totals across the board right around the 4-8" predicted.. A solid job by them..

0939 PM SNOW 1 N MILWAUKEE INTERNATI 42.96N 87.90W

03/02/2012 M5.0 INCH MILWAUKEE WI TRAINED SPOTTER

I'm going to roll with 5" also. measured 5.5" on the grill and just shy of 4.5" on the grass. driveway stayed right at 3.5" would have loved more but not a bad quickie event at all especially considering how warm it was before and during the event.

Bed time for me!

I live in a house <10 years old. Right now it sounds like I am in a pop-up camper!

I think you got the > sign mixed up but I get the idea. I live right by an old swingset that's creaking like crazy, and I'm also right by a big forest area with all these bare leafless trees swaying and snapping.....i'm in a ghost story.

Archived