• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    Toothache
    Newest Member
    Toothache
A Few Systems this Week in the Midwest

UW-weather

Things are about to get slightly more active for the Midwest. Tomorrow will bring a general 1-3" for most of Minnesota and NW Wisconsin, with a wintry mix points south. Thursday will likely spread another 1-4" in the same areas, but may include all of Wisconsin and Michigan this time around. After these two Alberta Clippers a stronger system is looking more promising for next Sunday into Monday. Because this winter has been quite a tease and the NAO is staying positive confidence is not all that high. But models are showing a winter storm caliber system.

more at: http://midwestweathertalk.blogspot.com/

post-7560-0-88604900-1329698276.jpg

That D6 system has me mildly interested because, depending on wound up the ~D4 system is, there may be enough confluence to induce CAD, the corollary being a front end thump of either snow or ice. Of course, a weaker D4 system and the D6 system likely cuts easily. But there's at least the potential. EURO has been showing a really pronounced CAD signature with this storm.

That D6 system has me mildly interested because, depending on wound up the ~D4 system is, there may be enough confluence to induce CAD, the corollary being a front end thump of either snow or ice. Of course, a weaker D4 system and the D6 system likely cuts easily. But there's at least the potential. EURO has been showing a really pronounced CAD signature with this storm.

That wraparound look on the 00z GFS, am I the only one who sees shades of late Feb 2010?

Archived