• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    12bet1 net
    Newest Member
    12bet1 net
February 2012 General Discussion Part 2

Hoosier

and Im thinking they got closer to an inch near hm8 in Ann Arbor.

Actually I'm back in West Bloomfield for a week so I dunno (although looking at the radar briefly last night, it seemed like the band stayed just to the south of campus last night)

• Replies 527
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Snow showers all day, had to drive to Westland and man did it vary every half mile it seemed, from nothing to a fresh 0.5-0.7" or so, including right by DTW, everything was white again there. Meanwhile we did barely squeeze out 0.1" here earlier, but it mostly has since blew into the cracks, and sublimated, so its still bare here. Some snow pellets today too.

Snow showers all day, had to drive to Westland and man did it vary every half mile it seemed, from nothing to a fresh 0.5-0.7" or so, including right by DTW, everything was white again there. Meanwhile we did barely squeeze out 0.1" here earlier, but it mostly has since blew into the cracks, and sublimated, so its still bare here. Some snow pellets today too.

Holy crap you have no snow???? There is a solid 4 inches here.

Wow. What was your forecast before the LES started?

As I said, no use getting excited for LES here, just hope to be surprised. We had just a trace overnight, just enough to LIGHTLY dust the rooftops and such...while areas literally 3-5 miles to my south looked to have gotten a half inch, and Im thinking they got closer to an inch near hm8 in Ann Arbor. Also looks like a heavy dusting in the city of Detroit and the Wayne/Oakland county border which was supposed to be much too far north for the LES last night. Yes it wont last and its just stat-padder snow, a term that has been coined this winter around here, but now that Im left out of the stat-padder snow I can tell you it sucks, and I will welcome it with open arms, never calling it names like "stat-padder" again :lol:

The forecast was initially for 2", but they bumped it to 6" at 3am. We received around 6" in the end. The final total will be released this week. It really feels like our best snows this winter have come from "out of the blue".

Nice pics Mike. I'll be up in Barrie today. Hopefully I'll get slammed although the bands seem to be weakening now that dry air is getting entrained in the decreasingly cyclonic flow.

Thanks. How was it up there?

The squalls already died out by the time I got there but there was a solid 8-10" generally on the ground with some impressive drifts. Fresh snow too so very powdery.

post-257-0-99630700-1330224359.jpg

post-257-0-99178100-1330224366.jpg

post-257-0-37978500-1330224375.jpg

Quite beautiful compared to the turd brown landscape I get to look at here in Toronto.

Wow, looks great up there!! Sorry you missed the main show :(

There is a wind advisory one county north and west of here, but the winds are only topping 20mph or so.

Wow, you're are torching out there Cyclone! About 10° colder here.

Yeah it is. Up to 50 now. Pretty impressive considering all the snow that's on the ground. It's disappearing quickly though.

EDIT: btw it was only 26 for a high yesterday, so a HUGE change today.

Yeah it is. Up to 50 now. Pretty impressive considering all the snow that's on the ground. It's disappearing quickly though.

EDIT: btw it was only 26 for a high yesterday, so a HUGE change today.

Yeah, yesterday was colder than expected, but today the temp in Iowa is surging. 50s in the southern half of the state has caused almost the entire band of snowcover to vanish already. My backyard, of course, still has an inch or so as it's always the last place to melt.

There have been gusts of 40-45mph in lakeshore counties of WI.

Yeah it seems up towards Sheboygan it is a bit windier sustained. Still some snow on the trees here, that hasn't gotten knocked down yet.

What a difference between Davenport and Dubuque. 50° vs. 39°.

Holy crap you have no snow???? There is a solid 4 inches here.

Had 2.2" Thursday night that almost completely (except for an isolated patch) soaked up into the mushy ground as temps hovered between 34-37F all afternoon. L tracked over Detroit, 70 miles NW of projections. Just NW of DTW they kept about an inch of crusty snowcover after dews and temps dropped, and then much more out your way.

ORD has failed to record a 50F+ temp this month. if it ends that way, it will be the first month since January 2011 not to feature at least one 50F+ reading.

Tues/Wed might have 50F potential depending on how various things work out, so the streak still has a chance to continue.

ORD hit 53 today, so the streak will likely continue into next Fall.

Archived