e46ds1x
    Newest Member
    e46ds1x
February 2012 General Discussion Part 2

Hoosier

• Replies 527
  • Created
  • Last Reply

That Tues/Wed system looks interesting.  I know the models will flop around a lot but it sure could be a big MW/GL storm with the Gulf open.

That first wave is looking like a table setter for the next one. Moisture return looks to slowly get underway into the deep South and that pool of moisture would be readily available for the next event, at least as currently modeled.

decent severe potential with this one...

With that strong High over Quebec I think this one has a very real ice storm potential to it. Shallow Arctic air funneling into the region out of the E/NE while warm air moves in over top it, plus the potential snowpack for the region that is coming today/tonight/Friday.

ORD has failed to record a 50F+ temp this month. if it ends that way, it will be the first month since January 2011 not to feature at least one 50F+ reading.

Tues/Wed might have 50F potential depending on how various things work out, so the streak still has a chance to continue.

That's for the winter months right?! :P

Assuming the system on Wednesday is rain, or at best freezing rain, this will be the least snowiest DJF in Toronto record keeping history, at any of the observation locations (73 years at Pearson, ~160 years downtown).

You can forget about any snow in March. The long range Euro is nothing but a torch for the next few weeks and despite most of them being favorable tracks (in actual winters).....its just too warm this Winter.

In my opinion we'll be lucky to squeeze in 2" from Mar-April.

1974-75 resembles this Winter greatly but that Winter was FAR better snow wise.

Intense LES band coming off Lake Huron right now stretching down to here. Snow squall warning for Huron and Perth Counties. No warning for Region of Waterloo just yet...I'm on the very edge of the band and it's shifting this way. Just looked out the back window...can't see anything 1-2km south of here. Wall of gray. Pretty neat.

Intense LES band coming off Lake Huron right now stretching down to here. Snow squall warning for Huron and Perth Counties. No warning for Region of Waterloo just yet...I'm on the very edge of the band and it's shifting this way. Just looked out the back window...can't see anything 1-2km south of here. Wall of gray. Pretty neat.

Those lights on the left are street lamps behind those houses...that apt is about 600 metres away...and that dim light to the top right of the house behind mine is a crane building a high rise a kilometre or so away. It's really hitting now, but that is the "wall of gray" I was talking about. I have a full view of Kitchener (pop 220,000) from that window and you can't see any lights right now.

post-277-0-03341000-1330143720.jpg

Archived