• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    12bet1 net
    Newest Member
    12bet1 net
February 2012 General Discussion Part 2

Hoosier

Hmm....seems to be trending cooler?...looks like mostly snow in my area.

http://collaboration...pe_gem_reg.html

I can only hope. And SSC..EC has 2" for the snow event 2-3 days ago...lol

There's a separate thread for tomorrow's storm. I mentioned that while the models look encouraging, SW sfc winds and a low going by to our NW doesn't bode well for much. Maybe a slushy coating before it turns over to rain.

And the 2" for Saturday is actually pretty good for Pearson. I had 2.3".

• Replies 527
  • Created
  • Last Reply

There's a separate thread for tomorrow's storm. I mentioned that while the models look encouraging, SW sfc winds and a low going by to our NW doesn't bode well for much. Maybe a slushy coating before it turns over to rain.

Upper air temps at every level I believe are supportive for Wintry precip. 850's remain below freezing and the 500mb thickness is quite cold as well. I think sfc temps maybe around 0C to 2C tomorrow.

Atleast they didnt bs for Saturday. Lets hope they can fix the 2.2mm of rain and Trace of snow, that way we'll be around 5" for February lol.

Hey Canuck I'd like to inform you that the buttonville station has 10" apparently for this month thus far where as YYZ has barely cracked 4" lol....and some how they got just over 4" on Saturday. Send dem a couple of more complaint emails. BTW do you know where they exactly measure at YYZ? thanks!

http://www.climate.weatheroffice.gc.ca/climateData/dailydata_e.html?StationID=4841&Month=2&Day=19&Year=2012&timeframe=2

12z Euro has a widespread 5-10 inch snow early next week for SD, NE, n IA, MN, WI. The storm doesn't come out in one huge piece, but there is a nice overrunning event followed by a main system. The gradient is pretty big. Southeast IA and northern IL get a quick shot of overrunning snow with temps in the upper 20s/low 30s, then the warm front surges north and the temp surges into the 50s and even 60s. I'd take a system like that... it would at least be interesting. Hopefully there won't be any further northward shifts. A little more south shift would get more of us into better snow.

Hey Canuck I'd like to inform you that the buttonville station has 10" apparently for this month thus far where as YYZ has barely cracked 4" lol....and some how they got just over 4" on Saturday. Send dem a couple of more complaint emails. BTW do you know where they exactly measure at YYZ? thanks!

http://www.climate.w...012&timeframe=2

Nope. Don't know. Based on how they measured certain localized LES events, I have a hunch it's in the SW quadrant of the airport property (close to Highway 401 and Dixie Road).

I still haven't heard back wrt to the email I sent on Friday, although today's a holiday so that my explain the delay. Although, it's not a federal holiday so I suppose they're working today. Might mean they are just ignoring me again.... :lol:

Nope. Don't know. Based on how they measured certain localized LES events, I have a hunch it's in the SW quadrant of the airport property (close to Highway 401 and Dixie Road).

I still haven't heard back wrt to the email I sent on Friday, although today's a holiday so that my explain the delay. Although, it's not a federal holiday so I suppose they're working today. Might mean they are just ignoring me again.... :lol:

Maybe they measure nearby where airplanes may land thus blowing the snow around? Either way EC is bsing for YYZ totals this month. Send dem more complaint emails lol, cause thats plain bs. Rain when its -7C LOL.... <_<

Maybe they measure nearby where airplanes may land thus blowing the snow around? Either way EC is bsing for YYZ totals this month. Send dem more complaint emails lol, cause thats plain bs. Rain when its -7C LOL.... <_<

Multiple emails from the same person would make me seem like a nut worthy of ignoring. I think it'd be better if concerned citizens (like yourself and some of the other Toronto area posters on this board) sent emails and/or called EC to make sure they're on top of this. I do think that once the data undergoes quality control, that error will be corrected. That process can take up to 6 months though. In the mean time, I've just plugged in 2.2cm into my own spreadsheet and I'll leave it at that.

I wouldn't get your hopes up. This is a thread the needle event to the max. The storm tracks 1 mm west of the 12z EURO track and your tears will flow like the rain.

I agree with this. You have the GFS with a positive tilt garbage storm where the northern stream comes in too fast, or the GEM that doesn't really do much until it's too late. The ECM was pretty darn close to turning negative too early.

Although the theme this year has been positive tilt garbage.

Multiple emails from the same person would make me seem like a nut worthy of ignoring. I think it'd be better if concerned citizens (like yourself and some of the other Toronto area posters on this board) sent emails and/or called EC to make sure they're on top of this. I do think that once the data undergoes quality control, that error will be corrected. That process can take up to 6 months though. In the mean time, I've just plugged in 2.2cm into my own spreadsheet and I'll leave it at that.

2.2cm is still quite low comapred to other stations across the GTA. Despite all the complaints for the Mar 08 blizzard, they still didnt fix the data to atleast a reasonable number. I'll send them a email later this week I guess. There does seem to be a discrepancy between YYZ and buttonville though, with every storm, lol.

Anyways, lets hope we can get something decent before the month is over. Sun angle is getting stronger too.

The cold will get here just in time for SPRING.

Most of us thought the same thing in Fall. It will get here by winter. Worked out so good. FWIW add a few degrees on whatever the fantasy shows. With lack of good snow pack you can count on some moderation. This even it makes it south of the Candian boarder given how strong features like the PAC jet are.

Archived