Dump Trump
    Newest Member
    Dump Trump
2012 Winter Banter Thread #3

yoda

• Replies 3.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Storm mode cometh....or not. I prefer to have weenies come out of the woodwork vs crickets. If gfs is a hit @ 12z the mods are going to be busy with a quickness.

The storm (if there is one) is still days away. We don't need storm mode in model fantasy threads. That's what aggravates me a little about the Anti-Weenie Brigade. There is very little impact in having a few banter posts in a model thread showing a miss on the GFS. Yet some here crusade as if an injustice has been done and they want a completely clean thread in which to view the storm disappearing from the models.

The storm (if there is one) is still days away. We don't need storm mode in model fantasy threads. That's what aggravates me a little about the Anti-Weenie Brigade. There is very little impact in having a few banter posts in a model thread showing a miss on the GFS. Yet some here crusade as if an injustice has been done and they want a completely clean thread in which to view the storm disappearing from the models.

Ive been very quite on this threat thus far, sir.

Agree... though we should clamp down on the super weenie stuff (including my weenie question of "will it come further north" that I asked yesterday)

Storm mode cometh....or not. I prefer to have weenies come out of the woodwork vs crickets. If gfs is a hit @ 12z the mods are going to be busy with a quickness.

I don't mind people showing their enthusiasm when a storm is really worth tracking. If I only feel like reading certain posters, it's easy enough to manually filter through to look for them.

I've been travelling and in meetings for what seems like forever. I can't believe this potential threat is still five days or so away.

Dude, you make the most sense in here.

Nothing really bothers me much either. Let's have some fun with this. IF it becomes imininent then it's time to stick exclusively to good analysis in the storm thread. I'm guilty as charged too with posting pretty much worthless stuff in the storm thread too. No throwing rocks at glass houses here.

Maybe the ma forum can show some restraint during the major model runs. Like from 10:30-11:30 and 12:30 to 1:30 only post sensible analysis of what the gfs and euro say. In between we can waste time and poke fun. Prob not a realistic expectation but it would really make digging into the important models a lot cleaner and easier. Just a thought. Otherwise, I'm going to post "how much for rockville" every 5 minutes.

I'm probably way off with my understanding of this but looking at the NAM at 84 hours (the horror, I know), there's a bunch of shortwaves on that. What role do the s/w's play in all of this? Do we want them to interact with the Gulf low or the phase to deepen rapidly and turn up the coast as the trough goes negative? Thanks for the insight.

I'm probably way off with my understanding of this but looking at the NAM at 84 hours (the horror, I know), there's a bunch of shortwaves on that. What role do the s/w's play in all of this? Do we want them to interact with the Gulf low or the phase to deepen rapidly and turn up the coast as the trough goes negative? Thanks for the insight.

we want the northern stream s/w to interact with the gulf low

Only use the nam for the rain on thursday.

Honestly, don't even look at it for any reason irt the weekend potential. There is no value there yet. Start looking at h5 on thursday at the earliest.

I've notice that both the NAM and the GFS handle the high pressure coming down at 60z from the great lake more sluggishly. This is an important difference from models showing a possible storm because the more progressive high allow for a more plausible track along the coast. Over the next day or 2 I'm going to be carefully watching the progression of this high as an indicator the for a better storm set up.

We're still a day away from need the gfs to really start sniffing this thing out but it would be nice to see some sort storm on 12z even if it slides right off the nc coast into oblivian.

We're right about at the time where the euro is going to lose it too. Could be a fun day if you like reading meltdown posts.

5 pages in less than a day talking about a low probability event that's more than two days away from even being sampled decently.

And the banter thread is even longer...

irony must be lost on you...you coming in here and pointing that out everyday drives the post count up.. :weenie:

The most important run in the history of the 2012 GFS is about to run. I can't stand the suspense. It's like holding a letter in your hand from the irs after cheating on your taxes. You have to open it but what's inside may make you cry.

You did not have to tell us about your personal life.

Archived